Vikings Sign QB Brett Favre To A 1-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by CP26, Aug 18, 2009.

1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

per Schefter's twitter: Anybody else wondering if Brett Favre coming out of his retirement will be enough to tempt John Madden to come out of his?

o god he has a point

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can we rep Schefter?

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Can't remember who it was, but someone mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Beat Schefter to it by hours.

That's why you get your news from GIF.

:icon_cool:

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Schefter stole it from GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That SOB!!!

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This guy said it first.

But I don't know him.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

lol
    Maybe he's Adam Schefter

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_lol:

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Sweet! Favre is back! Vikings are gonna be really good now. The one missing piece!!!

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think the Vikes just bumped you guys to 4th in line for a SB appearance.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Doubt it everyones on favres jock i never liked him as a player just his offseasons are entertaining. The guy will wear down by seasons end. I dont think there really is a line for a superbowl apperence its almost always wrong. The cowboys were at the front last year.

11. SpankyNoodle

SpankyNoodle Can't Spank the Spank

Retire or not to retire... Let's see if the gunslinger can go the distance.. Get the popcorn out...

12. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

13. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Nice post Platoon... love the quote on the cover, lol

14. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

Is his age a big issue? I suppose being a QB he shouldn't get too roughed up if the defennce holds up (which I understand is a pretty good defence). I watched his press conference on NFL Total Access and he seemed to focus a lot on just justifying his decision to play for the Vikings (who I was later informed are a rival of the Packers)

15. ball in the baskett

Its funny how he said if your a real packers fan you will understand lol. What a c**t he should have said fan of me why would the packers fans want anything to do with him as a viking. If one of the eagles star players became a cowboy or giant i would boooo the crap out of him.

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

As rightful you should BITB...but would it deminish your respect for that player? after his playing days? and his best were with your team. I thought i would hate Neil Smith 4 awhile, but after his playing years were over, he will always remain a Chief in my eyes. it wasnt his fault that Carl had 2 choose between him and Derrick Thomas to keep on the team. Honestly i didnt want either 2 go but they both were at the peek of each others game and were up for contracts at the same time. Just bad management.

17. ball in the baskett

It definitely would for me if donovan mcnabb went to the cowboys or giants i would lose alot of respect for him. Its there choice to sign with that team there not forced to. Brett keeps saying the packers moved on which is a dumb thing to say cause if he never retired in the first place they wouldent have. Brett acted like a snitch and came back close to the season and expected them to roll out the red carpet for him after all the progretion with rodgers.

I have no respect for him hes worse than any other drama queen in the nfl.I have more respect for TO than queen favre. I have been rooting for bretts comeback because i want to see him fail.

18. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i know how you feel...he (queen favre) has yanked the media and NFL fans like puppets. and i dont care for his lack of sportsmanship for this game. sure he does have all the records. but does he really need to be telling me that his daugther has more pull than everyone that has 2 do with the NFL? about him retiring. if you ask me he is just taking a crap on the whole league, and every favre fan is taking a bite out of it lmao

19. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

haha, I do as well

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That reminds me of when Emmitt Smith signed with the Cardinals :lol:

He's still my favorite player of all time :eek:ld: