Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald Restructures His Contract

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by 86WARD, Aug 20, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Larry Fitzgerald has restructured his contract to help the team create some extra salary cap room. Fitz was reluctant to talk much about it – he isn't a guy who likes having his business out there for public consumption – but he said he felt it was something he should do. He also mentioned Anquan Boldin's situation. "Guys that are elite players in the business, they have to sacrifice," Fitzgerald said. "I know my fellow guy Q, he is in a position he doesn't want to be in and I just want to see him happy. We talked about it when we moved into the new stadium, I remember in a preseason game talking with him about the Ring of Honor and how nice it would be to both have our names up there one day."

Source: azcardinals.com

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

damn that is a move not many superstars would make

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i applaud him for making this move

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Very classy.

:cool:

5. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

he is a great teamplayer !!!!

6. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

Go LSU TIGERS!!!!

That is a real stand up guy, I have the upmost respect for him (hate his team though), we need more players like him, because now it's more about getting the money and not proving you're worth it, he actually giving some of his money back to give to team mates

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

OPening it up for Boldin?

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

man...i was hoping we would find away to get Boldin 2.

9. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Fitz also understands that some of his success is in part due to Boldin. Regardless, incredible team move in this age of me..me..me.

11. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

All it is is moving money about he isn't actually taking a pay cut...still not alot of guys are that team orientated to do it.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

FACT.