Raiders Place DE Richard Seymour On Left Squad List

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by 86WARD, Sep 11, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Oakland Raiders have placed Richard Seymour on the exempt/left squad list as they wait for the defensive lineman to show up, a league source said. Multiple reports indicate that Seymour received a letter on Thursday informing him that he has five days, or until Tuesday, to report to the club. Obviously, if he misses Monday's season opener with the San Diego Chargers, he would stand to lose 1/17 of his salary for this season, $3.685 million.

Source: National Football Post

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

$3.685 mil is A LOT. Even for rich athletes.

3. RakAttack98

RakAttack98 Starter

I still dont understand why the Raiders traded for him.

- They gave up a 2011 1st Round pick (probably top 10).
    - Seymour will be 30 next month.
    - Hes a Free Agent at the end of the season.
    - He doesnt want to be a Raider (no one does).

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i freaking hate this situation right now

5. JaMarcus#2

JaMarcus#2 Starter

Lifted from Jerry McDonald's blog, I agree 100%

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Shame to see one of the few pats I don't hate becoming such a snitch

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

he's reporting phigles

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Even if he reports at this point it's gonna be as an impudent little snitch who should have reported a week ago.

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

read the thread about him playing against SD mon....he had a family to think about, as far as where they would live, go to school....he says he's happy but needed time to get his affairs in order

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I read it. IMO when you get paid millions of dollars to play a game that game should be pretty damn high on your priority list. It would have taken an hour or two to decide the family would go back home while he went to Carolina. He also has a new team to think about. He spent a week not learning the Raiders scheme, becauase he was trying to find a way out of his responsibilities. Now he has finally figured out the only way to do that is to not show up and lose the money so he's gonna show up the day before the 1st game and "play"