Gary Kubiak Has Confidence In Texans RB Chris Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 86WARD, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Texans averaged 8 yards per rush in the second half with Steve Slaton finally breaking loose for 45 yards on four carries. Slaton had just one gain for more than 10 yards in his first 30 rushes of the season, but he had gains of 14, 11, 11 and 20 yards among his final eight carries Sunday. Coach Gary Kubiak used Chris Brown on the last drive rather than Slaton because Brown is the short-yardage and goal-line back. "We used Chris on the goal line (because) he's a big body," Kubiak said. "He's done a good job for us. "Obviously, he's got to hang on to the ball right there, but I've got a lot of confidence in Chris down there."

Source: Houston Chronicle

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that's great coach. too bad no one has any confidence in you anymore.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

He's been doing much better than Capers did here as a coach. We have pretty good offense now but the defense still needs work. If I lost confidence in anyone it's Frank Bush.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

frank bush? it's not frank bush's fault he sucks. he's just collecting a paycheck.

Who hired him?

Who has failed to get rid of him along with most of the other defensive coaches that have been hanging around there for 2 or 3 years and continue to NOT improve a defense that DOES have talent?

Most of your defensive coaches came to Houston WITH Kubiak or came shortly after and they have sucked on defense year after year ................... Kubiak has ignored the defense. He's always been a offensive guy and his ignorance of defense is hurting this team.

5. 3rdStoneFromTheSun

3rdStoneFromTheSun Truth Hurts Like Freedom

Slaton is not a short yardage guy, so I see Kubiak's thinking

hope it works

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I just think that if they bring in a better group of defensive coaches they would be fine.

7. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

Actually the guys he brought with him are gone. Secondary coach, Dline coach, DC all changed from last year. Frank Bush isn't turning the D around and frankly, they've been worse somehow.

1 thing is constant though...it's Kubiak and you're right about him being all offense. He needs to bring in someone (preferably RIGHT NOW) who can pull a quick change or else Kubs is probably gonna lose his job. 8-8 isn't making the cut here anymore.