12 Saints Players Submit Letters Denying Bounty Program

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The legal team for New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma submitted declarations from 12 current Saints players denying the existence of the bounty program as part of new evidence sent to former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue to bolster their case in next week's appeal hearing, Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

The declarations, which were dated Oct. 19, were from Roman Harper, Tom Johnson, Malcolm Jenkins, Cam Jordan, Jabari Greer, Patrick Robinson, Martez Wilson, Scott Shanle, Junior Galette, Ramon Humber, Johnny Patrick and Isa Abdul-Quddus.

Peter Ginsberg, Vilma's lawyer, used a letter to Adolpho Birch, the NFL's senior vice president of law and labor policy, stating the names of those who submitted declarations as part of an exhibit in the motion submitted Wednesday to recuse Tagliabue.

Source: The Redzone

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Didn't the coaches already say that there was a bounty program

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm so freaking sick of this crap that I'd rather hear some news about Favre.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I think the only one was Williams.

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Williams is the only person that said anything, I believe.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

and if reports were right, Payton and Williams didn't get along. Sure Payton gave up some salary but his likability wore off quickly. And Williams knew he was on the way out and I think it was one last poke at Payton.