2014 Is Make Or Break For Jason Garrett And Cowboys

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Kevin Handy, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Kevin Handy

Kevin Handy Rookie

For the sake of the sanity of every Dallas Cowboys fan out there, 2014 will be the season Jerry Jones needs to fish in a playoff fishing hole or finally cut Head Coach and former Cowboys backup quarterback Jason Garrett loose. Garrett has had three consecutive 8-8 seasons since taking over for Wade Phillips midway through the 2010 season. The young head coach has had more than enough time to turn his ‘Boys into winners. There’s certainly nothing wrong with an inexperienced coach growing into the job, but neither he nor the team seem to be making much progress. Each season under Garrett has been […]

Read the whole post here.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Make or break...just like every year, really...only it never breaks...

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

First of all, it's been "make or break" for a while now.

Second, who'd want to work for JJ knowing that he'd be looking over their shoulder all the time?

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If that were true, Garret would've been fired two years ago.

The problem is that Jerry has been strangely loyal to Garrett no matter what. He just cannot accept he was wrong about him. Garrett arrived in 2007 as OC and "Head Coach waiting". He was supposed to be the next super genius. But the sad reality is that he's only a .500 coach. Or maybe Jerry knows that he's been giving him a .500 team...who cares at this point.

5. Kevin Handy

Kevin Handy Rookie

As I mentioned in the article, there is a definite learning curve involved. Nobody is great just starting out. Having said that, however, my frustration is based on two things- Garrett's unimaginative play calling and the fact that this teams shows so many signs of being poorly coached. Just to mention a couple of things: the overabundance of stupid penalties and bad clock management. If Garrett doesn't get a handle on these things soon, he will have only himself to blame if he gets fired.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think this article comes out every year

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think he has to make the playoffs this year. With this team I think its a matter of if Romo enters a Matt Shaubesque decline. If not, Cowboys should win 10 games. If he does, I dont see them winning 6

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

not trying to bait or anything but in order for the boys to win 10 games, they have to win shootouts. and I don't think Romo is capable of doing that over a period of time. I think they actually go under .500 this year. Jones let the wrong "young" up and coming coach go.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dallas defense wont be nearly as bad as it was last year. Not saying it will be a top unit, but wont be nearly as bad. Alot of people forget Dallas went through 27 defensive lineman last year because of injuries. Factor in injuries to 2 starting LBs, a starting CB, and a starting FS and Dallas wont be nearly as snakebitten this year