2021 Week 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 23, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's Eagles vs. Cowboys week!!! Always a fun time. And on monday night which makes it even better because I might miss the first half due to work.

The Cowboys defensive line is a literal hospital...at least Randy Gregory finally came off the covid list, but we lost Armstrong and another DT so looks like Micah Parsons will have to continue to play DE like last week.

I haven't really watched the eagles this year. Are they good? There are some voices that claim Hurts is better than Dak, but at this point, I just consider it trolling.

Cowboys are 3-pt favorites. I'm looking for another game to tease them with, but feels like I still don't know who is who yet.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Anyone saying Hurts is better than Dak better be trolling. Hurts has 2nd highest QB rating on PFF but their ratings are always off. Hurts doesn't throw over the middle of the field. He also stopped targeting his WRs in the 2nd half last week after they were effective in the 1st half.

The Eagles defense has played really well overall in both games. After Brandon Graham got injured last week though their pass rush seemed to disappear. The secondary has dropped at least 2 potential interceptions and the defense has not created a single turnover so far this year.

Are the Eagles good? I don't know yet. They seem like they will at least be competitive most of the time but this brutal stretch against the Cowboys, Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs, and Raiders will really tell us something about them.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Oh man...Jordan Mailata, who has been an absolute beast, sprained his knee in practice and may not play on Monday. Being down our two best offensive lineman is not good.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So last minute I teased both the Cardinals and Ravens, bringing both their lines back to -1.5. You can guess my reaction to Justin Tucker's record setting, game winning field goal.

I'm re-investing my miraculous earnings on the Cowboys -3.5 for tomorrow night. It's the luckiest money I've ever made, it can't lose :D

SportsChump and DawkinsINT like this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Desean Jackson with the long TD!! What year is this?!?!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I didn't get to watch any of the late games. Can't believe I missed this.

This is going to be one looooong day at work.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

In retrospect, I'm not at all surprised the Rams gave him looks against his former team.

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  10. DawkinsINT

So far today I've seen 2 dead birds. This is not a good omen for the Eagles tonight.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

[​IMG]

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

What an embarrassing first half for the Eagles. Jalen Hurts lack of arm has been on full display. Massively underthrown deep ball that was picked early on and he's thrown behind his tight ends twice. With Hurts struggling Sirianni still refused to run the ball. Miles Sanders doesn't get his first carry until the 2nd quarter and it was for 24 yards. The defense is gassed and really misses Brandon Graham's presence.

They are lucky to only be down 13. I just hope they play better in the 2nd half and don't lose by 30. Ugh.

TJ likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

Not a single carry by a running back in the 3rd quarter down by only 13. Horrible play calling by Sirianni.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, this was a great game and I'm glad I was able to watch it from the beginning and not just arrived on time to watch garbage time.

Close loss to the defending champs.
    Close win against a team that looks like it will at least make the playoffs.
    Blowout of a division rival.

It looks great so far, even with all the injuries on defense. This looks like the kind of season that ends in the divisional round due to a miracle play from Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. Can't wait.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bye the way!!

I managed to watch the game through the Manning cast (thanks NFL Gamepass International). It started great but just like the game seemed to run out of steam towards the end. Even Peyton himself said "hopefully we'll get a better game next time". I love the idea. This could change how we watch football and even sports in general in the future. It felt like I was watching the game with friends in my living room.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Yea, I thought this was gonna be a break out year for Miles Sanders. Clearly he's got the talent. Give the guy the f**k**ing ball. And I'm not just saying that because I start him in two fantasy leagues.