2021 Week 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 30, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, we're on week 4 already which used to be the quarter point in the season, but even though 17 is a beautiful prime number (I love prime numbers), it just doesn't work for the number of games in an NFL season. It looks horrible, but it is what it is.

The Cowboys opened as 5-pt favorites against the Panthers. I'm waiting to see if the tastefully named Christian McCaffrey will play or not (probably not) to see if I get som action in it. Usually this team falls short after blow out victories so it will be interesting to see what happens.

The Eagles face the Chiefs in the Andy Reid bowl but I'm not even sure if he'll coach the game. He got sick last sunday and was taken to the hospital. He's ok, but I haven't heard if he'll be coaching so soon.

Brady homecoming...I think it's clear at this point that Boston fans love him more than their Patriots. He will be cheered and they will celebrate when the Bucs absolutely destroy the Patriots.

What else do you have?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Some good late games this week that I will be flipping back and forth on:

Cards - Rams: Two 3-0 teams. Rams have looked great this year. I haven't really watched the Cards so it will be interesting to see how they stack up.

Ravens - Broncos: I want to see how the Broncos defense looks. They've been excellent so far this season.

Also 49ers-Seahawks is interesting too. I may have to just watch the Red Zone channel after the Eagles get spanked.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Trevor Lawrence is amazing to watch!! The way he moves in the pocket, the accuracy...he really is the best QB prospect in a decade. Too bad his OL sucks and his coaching seems to suck too but if they manage to give him enough weapons, watch out!!

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Yeah, he and Burrow should have a nice little rivalry going for the next ten to fifteen years... no matter how hard it is to imagine their teams being relevant.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I said I'd never do a three-team teaser again but I'm starting to develop a problem here. I have 800 pesos left, 40 dollars. Let's put half in a teaser:

Cowboys (+2) over Panthers
    Chiefs (-1) over Eagles
    Bills (-11) over Texans.

All lines are teased.

I have a good feeling about this one...

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'd put money on that.

TJ likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

I hope you lose 2 of 3. :smile:

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So this is how you become a degenerate gambler...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

I know the Chief's defense is garbage but it was nice to see the team gain over 400 yards. Baby steps....

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You gotta love the media (both traditional and social) and their double standards and constantly moving back the goal posts.

On friday the Cowboys were facing a tough opponent and could lose and finally get exposed.

On monday, after winning 36-28 (and it wasn't really that close, the Cowboys pulled their defensive starters too soon IMO) it turns out the Panthers were overrated after all.

That's fine...I like it better that way. This team feels special somehow...I try not to get my hopes high, but I can't help myself...

DawkinsINT likes this.