2022 Week 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Nov 10, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can't believe we're in week 10 already. This is said for every week after week 5 since 2015 but I really wanted to point it out again...

Cowboys play in Lambeau and I don't care how bad the Packers have been this year...Aaron Rodgers still scares the crap out of me. I've seen that mf break my heart time and time again and the Cowboys have this annoying trait of losing to bad teams (remember that Jets game a couple of years ago?). That -5 line is too high...too damn high, I'm sorry, I can't do it...

But I can tease it... Cowboys +1, Rams +3 over Cardinals and Raiders (PK) over Colts. Ahh...that feels so much better (and if the Raiders can't even beat a team who just named a guy as head coach who has never coached in his life, I might as well quit gambling. Yes, they're bad, but not that bad...right?...RIGHT?!?!).

Tonight we have Falcons and Panthers and I'm going against the team who fired their head coach again and just lost by 80 (approximately) to the Bengals. Give me Falcons -3 even though I know absolutely nothing about that team. Is Chris Chandler still QB? Ohh...right.

Might add a couple picks later, but that's what I have for now...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Some pretty good games this week. I'll be watching the below:

Vikings-Bills - After the way the Eagles dominated the Vikes I'm shocked that's the only loss they still have. The Bills have slowed down recently but this is a good matchup to see where these teams stand.

Texans - Giants - I'll be flipping to this one on commercials of the Vikes-Bills hoping for the upset.

Cowboys - Packers - I'm hoping Rodgers can return to form for at least one last game.

Commanders - Eagles - It should be a fairly easy win for the birds, but you never know with division games.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If I were you, Dawk, I'd root for a loss as soon as possible. You don't want the "undefeated" chatter in december. It never works, it never helps, it just raises the pressure unnecesarilly. If you get to Christmas undefeated, my Cowboys will blow you out of the building...if you get with one loss, you win easily.

Think about it. I'm not saying lose to the Commanders...just lose soon...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I usually decide my picks on monday and place them on thursday. You'll have them monday evening.

6. DawkinsINT

I’m not really making picks. Just watching and rooting like when I was young. Thanks though.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm very lazy to look back but I don't think I've had a thursday pick right all year. Feels like it. Maybe I should stop.

Also those thursday games have been awful, man. You can hear the pain in Al Michaels voice. He deserves better...

This is the first time ever I get thanksgiving off...I'm planning on treating it like a sunday...don't let me down, NFL!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

That Stefon Diggs catch on 3rd & 15 was phenomenal.

TJ likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Vikings-Bills game was an all-timer. Justin Jefferson's 4th & 16 catch was so incredible. What a game.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What happened? I stopped watching the Cowboys when they were up by 14 midway through the 4th quarter. Came back home to learn that they lost?!?!?! They scored 31 on our defense? RODGERS!!!!! (Seriously, I haven't even watched any highlights)

He might be a majority owner of the Bears, but he's also minority owner of the Cowboys. That's the Packers revenge because as amazing as Brett Favre was in the 90s, he was totally unable to beat us...

I had an early teaser that hit in the 1pm games and took the Chargers -7.5 and covered so I went 2-3 this week. It's World Cup time!! I might watch even less football now...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Crazy day at work, Chump...I'll post the picks tomorrow before noon...

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I guess the Eagles are not covering the -11, then...

Good night xD

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm so glad you listened to me. You wrapped up the #1 seed last night and you should be happy.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

Everything that could go wrong for the Eagles last night did. Seems like everyone except Hurts played poorly. They did not look ready to play and had so many sloppy mistakes and penalties. If they were to lose a game in the division this was the one to lose. They still have homefield throughout the playoffs and hopefully this was a wake up call. Before the season started if you told me the Eagles would be 8-1 at this point I wouldn't have believed you, so I'm still very happy at where this team is.

TJ likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Way worse than yesterday's loss:

Dallas Goedert will miss extended time with a shoulder injury.