2022 Week 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 6, 2022.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe it's week 5 already.

EAGLES - CARDS - This has the makings of a let down game for the Eagles after last week's tough win against the Jags and the Cowboys looming next week. The Eagles are also very banged up. Kyler is so unpredictable that he's tough for traditional defense at times. Eagles are the better team though and a loss would be very disappointing.

Other games I'll be watching:

COLTS - BRONCOS - Only going to watch it because it's the Thursday night game. I'll probably turn it off by halftime to go to sleep.

PACKERS - GIANTS - Early AM London game. Even though they are both 3-1 neither has been that spectacular. Go Pack though.

I'm not sure what early afternoon game I'm going to watch. I'll probably start with Chargers-Browns and Red Zone during commercials.

TJ likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

I also forgot...I probably will be flipping to baseball playoffs too while the Eagles aren't playing.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm hoping the Mariners sweep the Wild Card Series because if they play on sunday it will be at the same time as the Cowboys and I'll struggle to decide what to put on the TV and what to put on the tablet. Also...I think I need a second TV. It's time.

Tonight's is the biggest STAY AWAY game so far this season but I can't help myself and took the Colts moneyline. I think they're due and the Broncos haven't impressed anybody. Is that Russell Wilson? I thought Drew Lock was still there!! Geez.

Rest of the picks tomorrow but that Cowboys +5.5 line looks very teasable. I'll probably combine it with the Eagles, but after what Dawk said I'm having second thoughts.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I hope your M's sweep too. Hopefully the Phils do also. I don't want to be up until midnight Sunday night. What a fun sports weekend this should be.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My expectations for Thursday night were low but HOLY FU**!!!!!! Why do we do this to ourselves? Twitter was flooded with comments on how this game was the worst ever and nobody stopped watching!! I know I didn't!! I was sleeping through the 4th quarter but woke up in time to see the end. Did you guys catch Richard Sherman losing his sh*t? It was hillarious!! He has some serious PTSD from Super Bowl 49...RUN THE BALL!! JUST RUN THE BALL!!! Poor guy, I feel for him...

Anyway, another pick right and seems like I just needed to gamble fake money to get those right...picks a little later today as I have some decisions to make...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I didn’t get to watch the game last night but it seemed so horrific that I feel I really missed out.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, man...you sure did, Dawk. That was some offensive incompetence I hadn't seen in a football team since the Quincy Carter years (damn, I'm old). And it was in both teams! Russ is either secretly injured or just doesn't care anymore. He got his money and now he's mailing it in.

Chump: I'll be back to .500 in my picks by week 11 and then start the turn around by them. I got you covered, man!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha. Forgot to share my picks:

NYG +8
    Tease SEA +12, LAC +3, DET +9
    DAL +5.5
    CIN +3.5
    KC -7

1-0 this week, like 4-18 for the season...kind of lost track xD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

Giants may take down the Packers. This would probably be good for Eagles and Cowboys as GB is a bigger threat for home field advantage by season's end.

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'm in one weekly NFL pick 'em pool with 26 people in it and another with over 80. Not a single person in either pool had both the Colts to beat the Broncos on Thursday night and the Giants to beat the Packers in Europe.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Lol. I did :p

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

BREAKING NEWS: Nick Chubb is good at football.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I forgot Bellichick always shuts down high powered offenses. I hate myself.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Looks like mi teaser is toast so I'll try another one for the afternoon games:

Eagles +1
    Cowboys +10.5
    49ers -0.5

Let's call it the hater teaser.

2-1 this week so far.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey, look at that!! The NFC Beast is back!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Ugly win for the Eagles yesterday but I'll take it. They better play a lot better next week against the Cowboys. Can't wait.

TJ likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm 5-1 this week!! Unbelieavable...and I'm feeling pretty confident with my KC -7 pick. Let's turn this thing around!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

If I were to only listen to Philly sports radio I would have thought the Eagles lost yesterday.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Nobody hates the Cowboys QB more than Cowboys fans...it's unbelievable. All Cooper Rush has done is not make mistakes...which is awesome but other than that, he's pretty average or even below that. He hasn't had to play from behind in any of his starts, and if he ever does, we're doomed.

But tell that to Cowboys fans and they will tell you Rush is the new Brady and we must ditch Dak.

Social media is something else, man...

DawkinsINT likes this.