2022 Week 8 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Oct 27, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We're almost at the half way point of the season. Unbelievable...

Tonight we have Ravens vs. Bucs and I'm parlaying the Ravens moneyline and under 45 points because save from last week, every thursday night game has sucked so far. What is happening to Tom Brady would be extremely sad if it wasn't that it's happening to Tom Brady. Lamar has not been spectacular this year, but I think the Ravens win tonight an easy one.

As for sunday, the Cowboys play the Bears who seemed dead until last monday night in which they destroyed the confused patriots. Should be a better one than originally expected...the line only shifted one point, from -10 to -9 and I still think it's an easy one...

More picks later, as usual...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I have to go to bed early tonight so I probably will only see a little of the 1st quarter, if even any at all. I'm sure it will be a sloppy mess.

I doubt I'll watch the Sunday morning game between the Broncos and Jags.

Steelers-Eagles - Obviously I'll be watching this as the early afternoon game. I hope the Eagles don't come out too rusty after the bye week. It will be interesting to see if new Eagle Robert Quinn will play at all. I think it will be highly doubtful but I'm really curious how well he can play as a rotational DE in our system. Seems like a perfect fit.

Giants-Seahawks - I can't stand Seattle but I'll be pulling for them big time in this one. The Giants need to get off the Eagles' tail.

Packers-Bills - Before the season started I though this might be a fun one. The Packers are lost right now.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Fell victim to the garbage time touchdown that just move them over the over (lol) and lost a bet I was particularly proud of...

The good news is that on Tuesday I hit a triple parlay on the Champions league games so I turned my 100 pesos "please don't leave" bonus into 1000 and now I can have fun in the next 3 weeks just burning them. Let's begin, all of these are 100 pesos:

For Sunday Morning, give me the Jags -2.5 and the Broncos coach fired at -220 (I made that last one up)
    On Noon, I take the Cowboys -9.5 and UNDER 42.5 pts (+260 odds)
    I have a 4pm teaser: Titans +2 over the Texans, Colts +2 over Washington and Seattle +3.5 over the Giants who I still don't trust and this is the one I totally expect to burn me in the end.
    Sunday Night: Packers +11. If I lose this one I might lose faith in Rodgers forever.
    100 pesos on the Philies to win the World Series, and 50 additional for game 1. If the Astros win the Series I'll lose like 50% of my faith in humanity.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's 28-14 Cowboys at the half and although I love the offensive explosion my under pick has gone kapoot unless they go scoreless in the second half xD

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After a Dak pick is 28-17 and it's gone...

7. DawkinsINT

AJ Brown was a beast today.

Pollard with a great game for the Cowboys.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So I went 2-2 this week...3-2 counting the Phillies win in game 1 but this is about football so to break the tie I'm taking the Bengals -3 tonight. And the Phillies again. I didn't bet on game 2, maybe that's why they lost.

BTW Micah Parsons is awesome. That's all.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Parsons is awesome, unfortunately. So glad the Giants finally lost again. I hate that the Eagles have the Thursday Night game this week. I really wish those games didn't exist.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah...thursday night games are the worst. But this week we have Philadelphia vs. Houston which would be more funny if there was a World series game schedulled for that day XD

11. DawkinsINT

It's been amazing that the 2 days off during the World Series are days when the Eagles play. 9 straight days of Phillies or Eagles.

Edit: 9 straight days if the WS goes 7 games that is.

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  13. DawkinsINT

I’m shocked the Eagles didn’t pick up a backup RB today.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I read the Cowboys were close to a deal with the Texans for Brandin Cooks but fell apart at the last minute. I'm kind of glad, that guy can't stay healthy and would've cost at least a 2nd round pick.

Hey!! OBJ is still free...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The issue with Cooks, as I understand it, was his guaranteed salary of 2023: 18 million. He refused a paycut, the Texans wouldn't restructure the deal, and since the Cowboys can't afford him with extensions for Diggs, Lamb, Pollard (hopefully) and even Parsons (in 2024) coming up, that was that...

The Joneses just refuse to work the cap like all the winning teams do. It's amazing...