2022 Week 9 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Nov 3, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Houston vs. Philly in two fronts tonight. A perfect opportunity for a parlay:

I'm enjoying my seat on the bandwagon. Give me Eagles -13 and Phillies to win tonight.

Since Cowboys have their bye alongside 5 other teams I might skip this NFL week altogether. On sunday I'll only watch TV if there's a game 7. I'll still try a couple of picks I'll only see how they did until monday morning, probably.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Good luck, Chump.

Hope Dawk sees this before the games. Would you rather:

A) Eagles beat the Texans (and cover :p) but Phillies lose game 5?

B) Phillies win game 5 but Eagles get upset by Texans?

And before you ask, no...you can't choose "both win".

Just curious...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Easily option B. Eagles aren't going to go undefeated and a loss to an AFC team won't hurt them much. I think it will be near impossible for Phils to win the series if they lose tonight.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, it's a shame they don't play the other team in Texas...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

What I wrote this week about Eagles @ Texans turned out to be pretty spot on. (FYI, O/U was 45. Game total: 44)

"Everyone loves Philly. And rightfully so. The Philadelphia Eagles remain the NFL’s only unbeaten team. That’s partially because they’re pretty darn good, partially because they don’t play in the AFC and perhaps, most importantly, because they’ve only played two teams with winning records. This Thursday night, they travel to Houston which, ironically, are the two cities playing in the World Series. The Texans are not a great football team. They have one win on the season. However, they play tough. If you exclude their road loss to the Raiders two weeks ago, they’ve been in every game they’ve played. This is a one-win team whose point differential on the season is only -38. I still believe in this defense, despite what Philly might choose to throw at it. Side note: Houston is only allowing five fewer points a game than the Philadelphia Eagles. The World Series looms large in the background with Game Five being played in Philadelphia that very same night. There’s just too much weirdness going on between these two cities for this Thursday’s football game to be the blow out oddsmakers expect. I’m not sure the Houston Texans can pull off an upset, but I have this sneaking suspicion the Eagles will get Houston’s best, and that best is good enough to keep things close. In a game that Vegas likes low scoring (over/under 45), I’ll take the Texans plus the two touchdowns."

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Vegas is evil, man...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

The Eagles were definitely sloppy last night. Their run defense has been atrocious. Thursday games suck so I'm just glad they got the W on the road.

9. DawkinsINT

I wasn't excited for today's games going in but there were a lot of fun ones that I was flipping through:

Dolphins-Bears - So much offense. Tyreek Hill is already over 1000 yards receiving??
    Bills-Jets - Jets defense was pretty impressive with the pressure they put on Allen most of the game.
    Vikings-Commanders - Started watching this very late in the game. Thought Washington was going to pull the upset.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I can't believe I lost my Rams-Seahawks ML parlay in the last minute. Brady will kill my hopes and dreams until the bitter end of the world... KC won but didn't cover so I went 0-3 this week.

So for tonight let's go with...let's see... (((throws dice)))... Ravens -1.5

DawkinsINT likes this.