2023 Week 2

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 12, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yesterday morning the Cowboys were 3 pt favorties over the Jets for next sunday. I was close to take it but decided to wait for monday night. I wanted to see if Aaron Rodgers still had it.

Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Rodgers is out for the year ant the line catapulted to Cowboys by 8 and I'm sorry but it's too much. The Jets defense is excellent and I didn't see enough from our ofense. The only sure thing is that I'm betting the under.

Vikings vs. Eagles on thursday. Eagles are favored by 7. I also think it's too high. Eagles just struggled against a so-so Patriots team...but the Vikings lost to Tampa. Week 2 lines are usually an overreaction from week 1. Let's wait for them to stabilize...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

UPDATE: The Cowboys are now favored by 9.5. I'll probably stay away or tease it to a more manageable 3.5. Geez...when the Cowboys look good it messes up everything...

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej...

I think the Cowboys roll in this one. Lay the points.

TJ likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You don't understand, Chump!! I'm a Cowboys fan that doesn't trust the Cowboys!! They could beat the freakin' Chiefs 56-0 tomorrow and I wouldn't believe them (there is no crying emoji).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm really worried about the Eagles tonight against the Vikings. We are down 3 defensive starters and our lead running back from last week. Slay shut down Justin Jefferson last year and I'm sure he's looking for revenge. Add to that Bradberry being out as the other corner and I'm sure the Vikes are going to be looking for a big game through the air. The Eagles pass rush need to come up big to make Cousins uncomfortable or he will eat them alive in the middle of the field.

On offense, it should be a big game for our wideouts and hopefully Goedert actually gets used tonight. I expect a high scoring affair that can go either way.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Thanks, Dawk. That's what I needed to stay away...I didn't like that 7 pt line.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

I'd always stay away from Thursday games. Players don't get enough rest or preparation. It's usually sloppy and unpredictable.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, you're right. I just checked and the line dropped to 6. More enticing but I'm still staying away XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Ugly win for the Eagles last night, but I'll take it. I can't believe how many injuries we have suffered through the first two weeks, especially on defense. Last year we were pretty lucky in that aspect. Thank goodness we don't play until next Monday night. The extra time for rest and preparation is definitely needed.

Hurts did not look right last night. Two weeks in a row that he has not played like his normal self. The pass protection was not great and the Vikings took some things away in the passing game, but it's more than that. Even when running he wasn't as explosive as usual. Hopefully he's back to his normal self when we play the Bucs next week.

On a positive note, the offensive line opened up huge holes in the running game and Swift looked great.

We're 2-0 and that's the most important thing. Hopefully next week will look prettier.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I saw AJ Brown screaming at Hurts on the sidelines and then Hurts trying to force the ball to him for a few plays. He should tell him "bro, if you want the ball, get open. Davonta seems to have no problem with that".

I really hate diva WRs lately...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

The weird thing about AJ’s selfishness is that Hurts is his best friend, and Jalen was having a bad game. He should have been offering support. They were also up by 13 at the time.

He did it last year too and they have been fine. I don’t think it’s too big a deal. QBs have to act like babysitters these days.

TJ likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

I'm going to Myrtle Beach tomorrow and staying for a week. If it's going to be sunny on Sunday I'll probably watch very little football unless they have games on at the tiki bar or something. :)

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Awesome!! Have fun, Dawk!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Turned out the 9.5 line was absolutelly right. I parlayed the Cowboys money line with UNDER 39.5 points and OF COURSE it ended up with 40 (that 2-pt conversion just because ended up costing me 10 dollars). There's a lesson to be learned here. I need to be more trusting. I need to get out of Cowboys Twitter but at this point, it's like an addiction.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My favorite part of every NFL season is that teams are playoff or even super bowl contenders until they lose to the Cowboys. Then they're just mediocre and beating them has no merit. It's been like that the past decade or so and it's not just social media...it's all the media. The Giants just came back from 21 down (I don't care if it was against Arizona, it has to mean something) and the Jets even without Rodgers have a good roster and a top defense. I think the Cowboys are legit and all we have to wait for now is whether they'll melt in the playoffs again. They will cruise in the regular season.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

The Cowboys are definitely legit. Dallas and SF both right now look better than the Eagles in the NFC. Still very early though.

I feel horrible for Chubb. I really hope it's not going to effect the rest of his career.

TJ likes this.