2024 Week 1

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 2, 2024.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The older I get, the quicker the NFL season starts, for some reason. Not that I'm complaining.

Now that the Mariners season is all but over, it's time to turn my attention to yet another team that falls short all the time.

NFL Season also means gambling season. I'm taking it easy to start. Cowboys are 3-pt underdogs against Cleveland. Let's go with the moneyline because I'm just stubborn.

For the opener on thursday it's Chiefs vs. Ravens which should be a good one, and then on friday Packers vs. Eagles in Brazil, where Twitter was just banned. Should be fun.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I won't be able to watch tonight's game but here is what I will check out this weekend:

Friday - Packers vs Eagles - A Friday night game in Brazil doesn't feel like real football. I have no idea what to expect from the Eagles with all the changes they have made. If forced to bet I would choose the Packers.

Sunday morning - Jags-Dolphins - I usually watch games on Sunday with my buddy who is a Dolphins fan. Luckily they are a lot of fun to watch. Added interest for me since they are playing against Doug Pederson. I honestly don't care much who wins. I will have Vikes-Giants on as my secondary game to root against NY.

Sunday afternoon - Cowboys-Browns - Obviosly I will be rooting for the Browns.

I probably won't be watching the Sunday or Monday night games.

So glad the regular season is finally here!!

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The way the Ravens lost last night is both hilarious and tragic depending on who you were rooting for (or if you slipped a last minute Chiefs -3 bet).

I know we're all tired about double standards but if it was Dak instead of Lamar everybody would be thrashing him today. I have no doubt. Lamar played like crap all game long and nobody talks about it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I've heard talk of the play on the radio but haen't even seen the highlights. I didn't watch a single play of the game. I love and hate getting up early. I really should live in a west coast time zone.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

They lost the game by a toe...literally. Caught pass in the endzone with the clock at 00:00 but after review the toe was barely touching the line.

Ravens are having tryouts for receivers who wear shoe size 4 or below XD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Good win by the Eagles taking out the Packers. Good first game by Saquon with 3 TDs. His TD catch was a great sign. Typically Hurts was only hitting RBs downfield on wheel routes. I'm so glad he will be a weapon in the passing game as well. Hurts though made some really dumb decisions. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes. They were complete mental errors on both interceptions.

Uneven performance by the defense but keeping Love to 50% completions was something they would not have been able to do with last year's secondary. Quinyoun Mitchell is the real deal. The edge rushers are a real concern going in this season, and they did virtually nothing on Friday. The field was sloppy and they were constantly slipping. I'm not going to grade them too harshly yet.

1-0. Next week: Monday at home vs the Falcons.

TJ likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Bucs looked pretty good.

Daniels gave us a few good scares but I like putting this offense back together and White seems vastly improved.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys made it look easy against a very good Browns defense. I'm glad Dak and Ceedee haven't missed a bit. The 400 million dollar connection will be tough to beat over the season. But it doesn't count, apparently. Today's excuse is (checks notes) "it's only week 1" so there's that.

The Browns must be regretting the Watson contract every day. What a fall off. Who knew getting 230 million dollars guaranteed would make you stop trying? I mean, I can't really blame him XD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

It's gonna cost that Browns coach his job.

I'm not sure where the Watson contract ranks in terms of worst contracts ever, but it ranks.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Top 3 easily. I mean, even Russell Wilson was traded, leaving a 80 million dead cap hit behind. I read that if the Browns cut or trade Watson it would be a 200 million dead cap hit. Literally uncuttable and untreadable.