2024 Week 2

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 11, 2024.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We reach week 2 with Bills and Dolphins with the rare good game o a thursday.

Cowboys opened as 6.5 favorites against the Saints. Both these teams beat up bad teams in week 1. Maybe Cleveland is not necessarily "bad"...only Watson looked awful. The Saints crushed the Panthers who are a bottom 2 team in the league (the other one is the Giants) so who knows. I'm probably laying the points.

More in the upcoming days...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Really sucks for Tua suffering his 3rd concussion in the past two years. I wish him the best but he really needs to consider retiring.

What I'll be watching this weekend:

Sunday early games:
    Saints at Cowboys - This will be the main game I'll be watching. I wish it was in NO as the Saints are much better there. I hope they can come up with the win though.
    49ers at Vikings - I'll have this on my secondary tv. Going to root against SF every weekend.

Sunday late games:
    Bengals at Chiefs -
    Not really excited for any of these late games but the Chiefs quest for a 3peat will make them interesting to watch all year.

Monday Night:
    Falcons at Eagles -
    I will be disappointed if the Eagles don't win by at least 10 points. Hurts was shaky in the first game and I'd like to see him more conservative with the ball instead of putting it in harm's way. He has playmakers all around. Let them make the plays. The defensive ends did not do much last week but the field was sloppy. A lot of eyes will be on Bryce Huff after paying him all that money to replace Hasaan Reddick. If he can't generate pressure this team will be in trouble against good offenses.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tua just signed a $250 million contract. It will be interesting to see what happens if he has to retire. Sucks for him, though. He managed to survive last season by "learning how to fall" or so I read during the summer last year. Seeing how he got concussed last night, seems like he forgot about it already.

As for sunday I'll be watching the Cowboys, of course. One more home win tie us with the 2003-04 Patriots for the all time record of consecutive home wins. After that it's the celebration of independence day so I'll go to my parents house and maybe won't be able to watch much, as my dad as all but banned cell phones in his house. But I get monday off, which is nice.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

How do I know you don't know ball? Your defense allows 35 in a half and you blame the QB. I even miss Dan Quinn now...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

The Saints’ offense looks like a machine right now. Reminds me a little of the beginning of The Greatest Show On Turf.

I enjoyed the Saints’ offense tearing it up until I remembered that the Eagles have them next Sunday, in a short week.

Cowboys, 49ers, and Lions all lost. I'm sure the Eagles will blow it tonight. Disappointed to hear AJ Brown won't be playing.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After looking awful on week 1, the Browns looked like a competent team in week 2 so now I don't even know where the Cowboys stand. Maybe the Saints are really good after all.

Arizona blowing out the Rams is something I did not expect (my parlay to recover the Cowboys losses knows it). Marvin Harrison Jr might be the real deal.

I expect the Eagles to take care of business tonight. I mean, it's one-legged washed up Kirk Cousins. Shoud be fine, right?...RIGHT?!?!

We get the 0-2 Ravens at home in week 3. That's scary because you just know they can't go 0-3 now...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Disgusting, but deserved loss by the Eagles. The defensive line couldn’t stop the run or generate a pass rush for the second game in a row. This looks an awful lot like the end of last season. It’s going to be a long season.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damn Eagles screwed me...I hate them more now XD

Maybe 9-8 is enough to win the East this year...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Panthers have benched Bryce Young. He was only given 18 games and now seems to be over for him. Daniel Jones is starting his 65th game this week and I'm sorry but I see no difference between those two. Andy "Don't call me Canelo" Dalton will start at QB for the Panthers going forward.

DawkinsINT likes this.