3 Things To Watch As Saints Head Towards Summer

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, May 15, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

As OTA’s and minicamps loom on the horizon, the New Orleans Saints look to continue the positive uptrend that has sprung from bringing in a strong free agent class and an equally impressive haul from last week’s NFL draft. The Saints assembled a group of undrafted free agents in the draft’s aftermath, and now seemingly have most of the pieces in place with the crux of the offseason schedule set to kick off in earnest at the end of this month. There could still be some additions and subtractions in terms of the makeup of the team’s roster heading into OTAs, which are set to […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I have a feeling that the arbitrator will side with the Saints. That may cause some bad feelings with Jimmy and he may just play out the one year tender and go elsewhere. We won't really be able to get into a bidding war unless they decide to redo Drew's contract. Which I think they will do anyway. Since they Saints are in a win now mode I also believe that Goodwin will be signed and nurture Lelito one more year. He really couldn't learn anything from DLP. As far as receiver go, I think this is the make or break camp for Tanner and Toon. If they don't make a huge jump in production they will be gone. That 6'6 receiver really intrigues me. He only had two productive years I have seen. One in high school and one in college. But what a red zone target he could turn out to be. As far as the corners, I am assuming the million safeties we have don't count, I see Robinson being cut if SJB shows anything in rookie minicamp. But he is an enigma. SJB I mean. Some people liked him and some really didn't when he declared. I know he is only been a corner for like a year and a half or some crap like that, but I see Michael Hawthorne all over again. Rod Sweeting has made some impressions during camp and a couple of plays when he saw the field and I think Rob will want to keep him around. Wade may be a casualty come cut time. It is true that they didn't cut him but he could be in that next round of cuts right? Don't that group get their cap hit spread out to next year? If so, I can see him being shown the door then. Glad you are writing about the Saints and make some good points. Look forward to reading more.

3. spstromain

spstromain Starter

Yea, post june 1 cut if so. Bunkley could fall in that category too. My two fave cb's were verrett and dennard but i think we got a good one. He or mcgill were good options. Getting a good cb prospect rd2 softens the blow of trading the 3 to move up for cooks.

Buck Fenson likes this.