59-59 In The 5th Set. Games, Not Points.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by cpgobrowns, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

The longest match in tennis history was suspended because of darkness at 59-59 :icon_eek: in the fifth set at Wimbledon on Wednesday night.
    The first-round match between 23rd-seeded John Isner of Tampa, Fla., and qualifier Nicolas Mahut of France had already been suspended because of fading light Tuesday night after the fourth set.
    They have been playing each other for a total of exactly 10 hours -- 7 hours, 6 minutes in the fifth set alone, enough to break the full-match record of 6:33, set at the 2004 French Open.

2010 Wimbledon: John Isner, Nicolas Mahut playing longest match in tennis history - ESPN

2. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

3. cpgobrowns

Nice. 25 cents a game. Those are old school prices.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would throw the racket at the other player after like 5 hrs

7. cpgobrowns

I've seen 3 different news highlights of it and 3 different pronunciations of Mahut's last name. (Not that I have any clue who he is or how to pronounce it either) :icon_cheesygrin:

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

they left this match on espn around 40-40 to show germany v ghana, they switched it to ESPNU, epic freaking battle where isner was dying and needed the break. The french dude didn't even look like he was sweating. Whoever wins this is going to get smashed in round 2, but still an EPIC battle that likely will not be redone.