'60 Minutes' Producer Claims Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Is 'Overly Sensitive'

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Nov 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers wasn't pleased with the edited "60 Minutes" piece on him that that aired Nov. 4 on CBS-TV, Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

"When you open up your life for four months and allow them to have access to your family and your friends and events, it’s always interesting to see what comes out," Rodgers said. "I just felt like the editing of the piece could have been done in a way that was maybe a lot more respectful of myself. If I’m sensitive about anything through the whole process it’s – you know they come to the MACC Fund event in May, which is very, very important to me, even more important considering the two boys that we lost this year to cancer. . . . For them to not even show really any of the content from that night, any of the kids, to not say anything about the MACC Fund, what they do for kids with cancer, I think that was the thing that was most disappointing about the piece. They had an opportunity to do some great things and really show some things I am passionate about and didn’t do that."

"I wouldn’t put a whole lot of weight into that story," Rodgers said. "It was cut for their purposes, their agenda, and most of the answers were either just portions of a bigger answer or probably not even for the question that was asked. So, I’m not even going to touch that one."

Rodgers said on "60 Minutes" that he thought there might have been NFL teams other than the Saints using a bounty program. Detroit reporters asked him if when he spoke of other bounties he believed the Lions were head hunting him in past games.

"Aaron Rodgers was never taken out of context and most anybody portrayed as he was on ‘60 Minutes’ would have been flattered by the story," said Jeff Fager, the CBS News chairman and executive producer of "60 Minutes," in a statement. "It was fair and accurate and it was obvious we got it right when we reported that he tends to be overly sensitive."

Source: The Redzone

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

'60 Minutes' challenges Packers' Rodgers on his selective editing claims - JSOnline

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

god hes so sensitive i bet that mvp and superbowl ring keeps him up all night worrying if hes any good

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

you know for an MVP and a Super Bowl Champ he sure is sensitive. Imagine wanting to take about good stuff like helping people. the nerve of some folks. LOL

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

60 mins should pony up on a donation to that charity for reals