8-8 Wins Division, Lose 1st Round, Does Garret Keep His Job?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Agent Zero, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

If midseason is any indication of the remainder of the season, our beloved Cowboys will once again go .500. Sadly in our NFC Least division that is good enough to win. smh

Do you all think that if the Cowboys go 8-8 once again and go one and done will Garret keep his job? Better yet... Should he keep his job? It seems that the Cowboys find exciting ways to lose close games and find ways to stay mediocre. Is this the fault of the head coach or is this just the atmosphere at Valley Ranch?

I for one believe if we don't have a winning record and at least make it past the first game of the playoffs JJ should fire the entire staff. The way the Cowboys have been going I have a feeling this is gonna be our teams M.O. moving forward if we don't turn the corner soon.

Thoughts?

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Garrett should just go away, it's not like he's really a head coach anyway....Jerry Jones needs to just take over as head coach, maybe then he wouldn't talk so much about the good ole days...

3. Agent Zero

Jerry Jones is too worried about the "glory hole" to be the head coach. Sadly, if JJ took over the Cowboys would instantly turn into the Jags and end up in Europe. real talk

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I think he's out. Public backlash would be too strong for Jerry to keep him, IMHO. Who will the next puppet be? Because that's what Jerry wants. Not a real HC.:icon_frown:

5. Agent Zero

This upsets me.. Cause it is SO true. :icon_sad:

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I don't think he keeps his job. Some reason I think he'd hire a name coach. Maybe promote JG to GM because I think he's a better tAlent eveliTer than a coach

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

SOmeone needs to photoshop Landrys head onto that middle feller, with a Jones on either side. They need to win back some fans, what better way than bringing Landry back into the fold?

[​IMG]

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They'll probably just offer Jimmy Johnson more money than he can turn down, though.

9. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Jerry will give him a pbutt. The change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 will get the blame. Indirectly Kiffin will be blamed and he will step down as DC. Which Marinelli will be promoted to DC and Garrett gets another year to be mediocre.

Now I really didnt like Parcells but he did turn a 5-11 team into a 10-6 team. And hell he did it with Quincy Carter of all people. But everyone Jerry has brought in since was a yes man for Jerry. Wade Phillps rode on what Parcells set in motion. And once it fell apart Garrett took over and hasnt righted the ship. We need a coach who will tell Jerry no but Jerrys ego wont have that.

10. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Should he be fired? Eh, probably but kind of not really. I don't think it's the right move for the team. Stability at head coach is crucial. A revolving door isn't going to get us anywhere, either. And as Omen said, he is good in the way he's building the team.

Will he be fired? I think it will depend on the circumstances more than anything, but I doubt it. Jerry's had a hard-on for Garrett for far longer than he's been head coach.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

under that scenario, he should not keep his job (if it were me making the decision) but JJ has always had a man crush on garrett so he might keep him

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well then he should keep him collared(oh, wait..he already is) with a ball gag like the "GIMP" in Pulp Fiction and just use him as his s*x slave if his man crush is that bad. Garrett isn't doing himself any favors by staying as HC IMO. Having the Cowboys become the Jags is cool with me though, make it happen!!!

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I think the Cowboys would have to atleast make it to the NFC Championship Game (which they won't) for Garrett to keep his job beyond this year.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Getting rid of Kiffin would mean that JJ would have to say that he made a mistake in hiring him in the first place. Do you think JJ wants to do that? I don't think so.

I still think Chucky's coming here if JG's fired. He told PFT a few days ago that he would like to give coaching "one more try."

15. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Jerry wouldnt be getting rid of Kiffin if he resigned or retired. I dont think it would be an all out firing. It would be sugar coated to save face for both parties. Garretts not going any where.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He has a better chance taking the cowboys to the playoffs next season than any coach he could bring in so i think he gets a pbutt.

17. Agent Zero

This is wrong on so many levels.. smh

18. Agent Zero

You know.. We have been a .500 team for more than a decade. I would be willing to get on board with that. How much worse could it get? Kiffin and company reunited with Chucky? Might work...

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Jerrah is stubborn enough to keep him around no matter what happens this year.

20. Agent Zero

Sad but true. Jerry heckin Jones(see avatar) is one stubborn asshat. He will go to his grave thinking we are champions. A legend in his own mind.