Aaron Rodgers: A Franchise QB

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by lostfan, Jan 8, 2009.

1. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I made this post elsewhere, I'm copy/pasting it for you guys to read/discuss/flame.

You know, I really kinda feel bad for this guy sometimes. This guy comes in after not saying a word during all the years of the Favre drama, although he had numerous opportunities and patiently waits his turn, proves all his doubters (of which I was not one despite being a Bears fan) wrong with an outstanding season, and he STILL has to deal with questions about whether giving him the ball was the right thing to do. It's not Rodgers's fault the Packers fell short this year, he's done just about everything you could expect him to do. He's a bona fide franchise QB, what's not to like about that?

They had a nationwide poll on ESPN last night and the question was "Would the Packers make the playoffs if they still had Favre?" and something like 60% said yes. I facepalmed. Why? So downgrading to a less productive QB has been the way to make the playoffs this whole time? Freaking hell, no wonder my team's been having such a hard time finding a franchise QB! As of now, Rodgers is a better QB than Favre, I don't even know why this is up for discussion really.

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Agreed on all of that, dude, I also feel pretty bad for him. He seemed to have quite a season especially for doing his first full season.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Agreed a 100%.....I did a doubletake when i saw the poll results to. No way in hell Favre made a difference in the way the Green Bay season turned out, in fact it may have been worse. The Packers made the right decision in letting Favre go.....I disagree with how they went about it but nonetheless, right move.

Most of my family are Bears fans....and suprisingly they feel the same way you do. (Well most of them).

4. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

I feel hella bad for him, especially after watching him grow up at Cal and follow in Farves footsteps. To blame the Packers season on him. Wow. They really are cheese heads up there. litterally. Cheese for brains.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

To replace a guy like Favre, isn't easy at all and of course it puts Rodgers in a bad situation. Personally, I liked the move to get rid of #4, as soon as it happend. Rodgers did better than I had expected and didn't show any fagility, he was blamed for. Blame him for the losing season, is as ridiculous as thinking we would be in the playoffs with Favre. The D cost us the most games and the Jets ain't in the playoffs too...

6. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Well said...

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Packers would have gotten the same Brett Favre the Jets got this season. His TD pass/INT ratio was the same this year. I'm sure Packers fans still have that image of Brett throwing that INT in OT of last year's NFC Championship Game.