Aaron Rodgers Had Pain In Practice Last Week, Bone Not Healing Fast

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Tarkus, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Every week, we have a discussion on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and whether his broken collarbone will allow him to return to the lineup for Green Bay for the first time since Nov. 4. At this point, it sounds like he's not even close to coming back.

He told ESPN Milwaukee on Tuesday, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, that a scan on his collarbone showed no additional healing and that he "would need different results this week in order to play this week." Additionally, Rodgers felt pain during practice last week. Seemingly, that's another setback.

Rodgers said he tried to accomplish plenty of work last Wednesday but that he also didn't feel good while doing so.

"I shouldn't be having pain doing simple movements," Rodgers said. "... Doing quick movements or giving a handoff with left hand, those are things that gave me some discomfort. That was a clue."

"You don't see people coming back in four or five weeks from this injury," he said. "It was tough not to be out there."

LINK

2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

as long as he doesn't come back this week i don't care.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Still not convinced he's not playing this week. I heard yesterday that he took some snaps yesterday with the first team.

4. Badger

Badger Rookie

He did practice some with the first team yesterday, so we'll see. Honestly, Im not convinced that the Packers really need him to beat the Cowboys.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just got an alert from the ESPN app saying that he's been ruled out.

Matt Flynn is going to destroy our defense and get PAID...again.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I don't think, we'll see him play another game this season.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

why risk it at this point

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Right Captain. Even if we make it to the playoffs, our D can't keep up with the O of Seattle or San Fransisco. Let Rodgers recover, get some players for the O-line and the secondary during the offseason and we're back stronger in 2014

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

dallas will beat the piss out of them tommorow.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I now think Dallas smokes the Packers.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I would like to argue, but I has to agree

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

On 105.3 The Fan yesterday morning, Cowboys Insider Mike Fisher said that the Cowboys will blitz a lot more on Sunday against the Packers. We'll see.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This blitzes has to go toward Lacy, not to Flynn. Let's assume that McCarthy will continue to hand off the ball in 2 out of 3 plays....