Aaron Rodgers Wants More From Packers' Run Game

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jun 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Last offseason during an interview on NFL Network, Aaron Rodgers famously uttered the, "Do we need to?" line when asked about the Green Bay Packers' ability to run the football.

This offseason, the 100-millionaire has come around a bit on the importance of the running game.

"I just think it's better when we have balance for everybody," Rodgers said during a Q&A with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tyler Dunne, published Saturday. "It helps with the passing game. It slows down the rush. It gives us opportunities to have some more one-on-ones outside."

Rodgers admitted the running game's lack of consistency allowed teams to sit back in coverage making his job more difficult. He said that this season -- specifically pointing out the new additions, Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin, from the 2013 NFL Draft -- he expects to get a whole lot more out of the offense.

"We have three of the best (wide receivers) in the league as a combination with Jordy (Nelson), James (Jones) and Randall (Cobb)," he said. "I'm really excited about those guys, and then we've got some guys behind them who have a chance to make the team and contribute. I like our offense and I like what we can do in the passing game. And now, I think we can complement it with a more consistent running game with two stud backs we got in the draft and a former used car salesman."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013