Affliction Makes Fedor Vs. Arlovski For Jan. 24 Official

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Oct 22, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Through promotional materials on its website, Affliction Entertainment made official Wednesday what had been rumored for quite some time, which is that Fedor Emelianenko will defend his WAMMA heavyweight title against Andrei Arlovski during the promotions Day of Reckoning event on Jan. 24.Also announced was the event venue, which will be the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., the site of the promotions debut event this past July 19. The event will be televised live on pay-per-view and will be promoted in association with Golden Boy Promotions.

Source: Five Ounces Of Pain

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Arlovski is hecked.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Don't count out Andrei, I'd give him a chance in this.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well any fighter has a punchers chance.

I give him a 1% chance at making it past the second round.

5. dolphindude13

He's got a better chance than Tim Sylvia just because of his style. Arlovski is good standing up or on the ground......much better than a 1% chance.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Arlovski's explosiveness is the only thing that even comes close to matching any of Fedor's athletic abilities, and he has weaker sambo, striking, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, grappling.

He's outclassed.

7. dolphindude13

I guess we will see.....just saying it wasn't that long ago that Arlovski was the baddest man on the planet, much like Fedor now.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Fedor was the baddest man on the planet when Andrei was winning in the UFC.

He has been for about 10 years now.

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

If Arlovski shows up like he has in his recent fights, then he's getting TKO'd or sub'd in round 1. Arlovski better hope he can catch Fedor and turn it into a technical kickboxing match. I don't see Fedor letting that happen though. Believe me, I would love to see the Goliath be beaten. However, I don't see AA doing it right now.