After Triceps Surgery, Dolphins OT Jake Long Not Sure He'll Remain In Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dr. James Andrews surgically repaired Jake Long's torn left triceps this winter, and the Miami Dolphins left tackle says his best years of football are ahead of him as he enters free agency.

The No. 1 overall pick of the 2008 draft won't say if he's optimistic those years will be spent in Miami.

"You've got to talk to my agent about that one," Long told Robert Klemko of USA Today. "That's the business side. I just worry about the football. I know a great deal's gonna get done one way or the other."

The Miami Herald reported last month that Long is seeking "at least" $10 million per season on his next contract despite finishing his previous two seasons on IR (he tore his biceps in 2011). He says he couldn't have chosen a better place to rehab than Andrews' home base.

"I've definitely had some injuries over the last couple of years that haven't been ideal," says Long, "but I've worked through them. I'm getting strong and healthy, and this is the best I've felt in a while. I'm excited for the upcoming years."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I'd love him back at 5-7 million a year, but he wants 11 or so.