Agent Drew Rosenhaus Wants A Long-Term Deal For Bears TE Greg Olsen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that during an interview with Drew Rosenhaus, the agent hinted that he would like to work on a long-term deal for Bears tight end Greg Olsen. "We've never had any gripes with working with them (the Bears)," said Rosenhaus, who represents Lance Briggs, Kellen Davis, Tommie Harris, Israel Idonije and Greg Olsen. "Hopefully, we'll continue that, and talk to them about an extension for Greg Olsen, and we've had success with big deals for Lance, and Tommie, and Adewale (Ogunleye). Just last year, we did an extension for Israel." Later, Rosenhaus added, "The next deal on our list will be Greg Olsen, at some point." The 31st pick in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft, Olsen has increased his production in catches, receiving yards and touchdowns in each of his first three NFL seasons. In 2009, Olsen was tied for fourth among NFL tight ends with eight receiving touchdowns, and he was 10th with 60 catches.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Now would probably be the time to do it seeing there might not be any football in 2011.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i was more intrigued by the reader comments after the article than the article itself .................... DaBearsrule, you should go visit with all of those people on the Chicago Sun Times website because they all think he's going to continue to put up bigger and bigger numbers under Martz too .................

and I guarantee Rosenhaus is pressing to get this deal done NOW before Olsen disappears in the new Bears offense and loses his worth ..................... his worth might never be higher than it is right at this moment ...........

4. he wont have a better year than his rookie year as long as Martz is there

5. DaBearsrule4ever

Find the post where I said word for word Olsen would put up huge numbers in the Martz offense. Can you find it? I doubt it! Instead of coming up with some BS, do give it a try and look for it though. Your opinion is your opinion and thats fine but don't crap on mine.

6. CaptainStubing

defensive much ?? ........................ :icon_rolleyes:

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Not at all... I just want you to prove what I said in my last post. :icon_rolleyes:

8. CaptainStubing

that's true. you never said olsen would continue to put up bigger numbers like the mensa's on the sun-times website. however, you do think it's a good idea to keep him around even though he's just going to be a blocking TE ................ (and they have to 'hope' that they can teach him how to block .......)

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Olsen is the best TE the Bears have on the roster. Whether Martz is here beyond 2010, lord only knows. So trading him right now is totally pointless.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

So with that being said, i'm giving this atleast a year.