Agent Says Bears TE Greg Olsen Available To All NFL Teams

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 28, 2011.

1. The Bears had a deal in place to trade Greg Olsen during the second round of the 2010 draft that didn't materialize when the Patriots drafted their own tight end. Now, two nights before the beginning of training camp, the team may be considering trading Olsen again. His agent Drew Rosenhaus sent a mass email to the league's general managers and personnel people at 7:56 p.m. Wednesday night announcing the Bears were making Olsen available for trade. The email went to scores of people, including Bears general manager Jerry Angelo and contract negotiator Cliff Stein. "The Bears have granted me permission to seek a trade for Greg Olsen," Rosenhaus wrote. "Please let me know if interested. Sounds like the Bears will be very reasonable on the compensation in return for Greg." But 11 minutes later, Rosenhaus sent another mass email to the same recipients, including Angelo and Stein, asking them to ignore his previous message. "Please disregard my previous email regarding Greg Olsen," the one-sentence email said.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Article updated......

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Panthers should give Newton Olsen.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

They should. But they won't with the addition of Shockey. I liked the idea of Olsen going to NE last year. Won't happen now. Maybe the Rams? If the Giants can't sign Boss? I think he'd be nice in New York.