Agent Says Talks Point To Falcons DE John Abraham Becoming Free Agent

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rich Rosa, the agent for Atlanta Falcons defensive end John Abraham, said Wednesday that he believes his client will become a free agent this offseason, based on contract talks with the team. Abraham, 33, has spent the past six seasons with Atlanta, where he has recorded 58.5 of his 112 career sacks. He spent six seasons with the New York Jets before signing with the Falcons as a free agent in 2006. Abraham is one of three key Falcons defenders scheduled to hit free agency. In addition to Abraham, the team also must decide whether or not to re-sign middle linebacker Curtis Lofton and cornerback Brent Grimes.

Source: NFL.com

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I would GLADLY take this man on the Philadelphia Eagles. However, I would not pay him what he'll probably want.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Word over here in the A is that they will franchise him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. where did you read that? Everything I've read is that if anyone gets it it will be Grimes.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, this is a tough decision. abraham is still playing at a decent level but he's so old and the franchise tag price for DE's is so high.

and grimes is the closest thing the falcons have to a #1 caliber but he's no spring chicken either.

i'm not sure what the falcons cap situation is but if they're tight on cap space, they might have to let one or both of these guys walk.

6. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Probably how most of the other teams feel. Dude is still productive but hes getting up there and probably wants a massive contract.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He won't get one though. He's 12 years in, playing a position that takes a beating. 12 year defensive linemen are rare, guys still effective at 12 even rarer. He won't get more than a 2 year offer and I doubt it will be for the money he wants.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I heard on 680am the morning show and the drive home show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk