Ahman Green Believes He'll Return To The Packers Next Year

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Feb 15, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Four-time Pro Bowl running back Ahman Green returned for a second stint with the Packers midway through the 2009 campaign, surpassed Jim Taylor as the franchise’s all-time leading rusher on Nov. 8 and upped the mark to 8,322 yards by season’s end. “I’m very happy to be back and the team was happy to have me back,†said Green in an interview prior to Sunday’s appearance at Holy Rosary Sports Night. “It sounds like I’ll be back next season. I’m just getting myself in shape and getting ready for 2010.†After a seven-year stretch as the Packers’ featured running back from 2000-2006, Green returned last October from a two-season hiatus in Houston to serve as a back-up to Ryan Grant when primary reserve Brandon Jackson missed time due to an injury. Green proved a valuable contributor as a short-yardage and third-down back as well as a special teamer down the stretch as the Packers secured a berth in the NFC playoffs. “I’m a football player so (the role) doesn’t really matter,†Green said. “I know the way the game goes. I know my role … go in there full tilt. Even if it’s just as a third-down guy and special teamer, I’ve played that before too, so I know how to approach it — and be just as professional as a starter.â€

Source:
    Kenosha News