Al Sharpton At It Again

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by ravenfan52, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

On Monday, New York Post writer Steve Serby began his column with, Good for Tom Coughlin. Good for Coughlin for tightening the noose around Plaxico Burress. Al Sharpton thinks that was racist, and he wants the Post to apologize. To make such a blatant racist statement about an African-American football player with a neck injury is completely unacceptable, Sharpton told the New York Daily News. Clearly, the racial connotation is very disturbing. This is the verbal reflection of a hanging noose. Sharpton said the Post would face consequences if it doesnt take action, although he didnt say what, exactly, he wants the Post to do, or what hell do if the Post doesnt act. They have to act swiftly, Sharpton said. If we dont see action, I will lay out exactly what that is we would like to talk to someone there about whether it was the writer or editor who let this in. Sharpton said he doesnt necessarily think Serby intended anything racist with his words, but that he believes the Post still needs to address the matter. So far, the Post has not commented.

Souce: PFT

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

trranslation - give me money or i will harrass you over nothing.

seriously, we need a hero, somebody please put a bullet in this guys head.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats ridiculous

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

that's true

that's over the line

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I love people who claim racism, but are the perfect example of what racism is.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

you're 100% correct. that's inhumane treatment of a bullet.

7. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

It was a poor choice of words.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Sharpton makes me racist.... the fact that a portion of the african american community supports this bloated piece of human dog feces makes me dislike them. How can this fetid garbage heap of a man even afford a bucket of fried chicken? Why would ANYONE give him a dime... let alone pump him full of donations that afford him his pimp like attire, limo's to haul his fat butt around in, tickets to travel around the country and go to major events in basketball, football, and boxing, and to pay a PR staff to help spread his divisive diatribe filth.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

:word:

10. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Thing is Sharpton is a smart guy, but 85% of the time, he's sticking his head into situations that are none of his business and make them worse than they are. The 15% of things he gets involved in and has a positive effect don't seem to get covered though.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Could you point me to some of those positive things? Preferably some in the past 5 years?

12. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

So true and rep! This guy has to keep racism alive or he becomes irrelevant. It's a security blanket for him. Sadly, it works.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Well lets see here. Tom Coughlin wouldn't have what Al Sharpton thinks is a noose around the neck of Plaxico Burress is Burress would just QUIT breaking team rules. Granted the Burress incidents are minor but the more minor crap you do, that adds up eventually.

Rep for the truth.

14. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

But black people shouldn't be held responsible for any wrongdoing, it's society's fault. At least that's what Al would have everyone believe.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

What a dope.

16. You know, neo-Nazis are planning a assassination attempt on Barrack Obama, who they really need to assassinate is Al Sharpton. I hate that guy

17. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I hope they don't apologize to be honest, unless they said, "Sorry you are so god **mn stupid Sharpton to think everything is suppose to be taken in a derogatory way."

Something along that line or if Burress just came out and said it didn't bother him and Sharp should back off.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

al's crusade would be better served dealing with that but there's no chance to make money.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Gotta have a media conglomerate to sue or Al ain't interested