Alabama CB Dee Milliner Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery March 12

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 24, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner says he'll have surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder March 12. He expects a two-month recovery period.

The likely top-10 pick purposely scheduled the procedure for after the NFL Scouting Combine. He'll participate in all of the drills except the bench press.

"I felt the need that I had to come out and do something," Milliner said Sunday. "I ain't just want to sit out the combine and pro day and you guys start wondering, saying this and that.

"I just wanted at least to come out and showcase that I can still move around, I can run and I can swing my arm around."

The biggest question about Milliner centers on his speed and athleticism but he had a simple answer.

"Watch the NFL combine," Milliner said. "That's another reason why I wanted to come to the combine and participate in the drills. That's why I didn't want to have surgery right after the game.

"Anytime somebody doubts you, it's like they get into it with you. I like to go out, when people say that, try to prove them wrong. Try to go out there and make a big difference when they talk about me."

Source: NFL.com