ALCS Rangers Vs. Yankees: Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by themush, Oct 13, 2010.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Talk ya smack in here just play nice....

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i want the yankees to win so the phils can kick their asses in the series. heck the yanks and their landfill smelling fans.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think we have the better Pitching and Batting lineup all in all I think we're a better team. Both bullpen's finished tops in the AL. I think Cliff Lee is better than any pitcher they have, Burnett is awful, Sabathia is tough but our bats are on fire at the moment. Should be a good series.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

well i certainly won't be disappointed if the rangers win - that would set up a halladay/lee match-up for game 1 of the world series.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

You're that confident that you guys will get by San Fran? it's going to be a tougher series than you think. SF is a tough to play in their ballpark. I'm sure Halladay is going to be great he's well rested and a freak.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

no doubt its going to be a close series. i know the giants are tough in san fran but they have to try and win here too which will not be easy.

the phillies have proven this season they can win consistently without the long ball which should help them in san fran. this isn't the same team the giants faced a couple months ago when they beat the phils. we have everyone back.

if the phils win the 1st two games the series will be over quick. if the teams split here it more then likely goes 7.

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

well theres no doubt in my mind that the Phillies can out hit the Giants especially at home.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

in this match up im rooting for the The Rangers just in case ya'sll was curious

9. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

So when did Philadelphia start to smell like roses. If god took a steaming crap it landed in Philadelphia
    All of a sudden CJ Wilson and Hanson are household names? Cliff Lee and Sabathia are just about equal, not to mention they both wont be pitching against each other. Lee won't get the ball until game 3. I'll take Andy Pettitte and Phil Hughes over the other pitchers you guys have. The Yankees have a better bullpen and I can't believe you actually had the balls to say that the Rangers have a better lineup. Please show me how the rangers have a better lineup than the Yankees, please. Yanks scored the most runs in baseball this year, last year, the year before that, the year before that etc...
    The Giants may have the pitching but their bats aren't going to make the series. The best offense in the NL was silenced by the Phillies already.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

CJ Wilson had a much better season than Pettite and Hughes. Personally, I think Hughes is good but he could have some trouble cause he's inexperienced kinda like Holland for us. But Hughes had a great regular season and I think he's the 2nd best starter for you guys. Pettite is good and but I think he could be gotten too. Sabathia is great probably the cy young this year in the AL, I give Lee a slight edge just cause he's been lights out. Bullpens like I said are about even. Oliver, O'Day, Feliz have been great all year season long. Riviera of course is great, I know he dominated in the Twins series but we'll see how he does against us being that he is older. I'm sure he'll be just fine if given the save opportunties. But then again who knows cause you have two ballparks that are notorious for the deep ball. It's insanely easy to hit the ball out of the park in NY. And our lineup has not only Kinsler but also Cruz who have both hit 3 HR's than a few other guys with 1. Elvis Andrus leading off was on fire against the Rays, he got on base and stole bases when it mattered. We can play small ball or the long ball. I think you guys have great power in you're lineup but also a lot of strikeouts. Granderson strikes out alot, A-Rod, Teixeira, Swisher, Gardner a bit, and even Jeter. Lee, Lewis, and Wilson all are able to rack up the strikeouts when they are on. Colby Lewis isn't very consistent sometimes he'll get 10+ K's but also walk 3 or 4 and give up a few runs. Not sure who you're referring to when you say Hanson, we don't have a Hanson.

11. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

wilson had a 170/93 K/BB this season. RED FLAG. He was incredibly lucky this year with a 93 walks. Yanks hit him good too. He's got a 5.65 ERA against the Yankees this year. Sabathia, Hughes and Pettitte all pitched good against the Rangers this year, especially Hughes. Wilson and Lewis are going games 1 and 2. Lewis against teams .500 or better has an era close to 5.

You have the Yanks that on average struck out 200 more times than the rangers. not exactly as wide as you think. Not to mention the Yanks posted the best league OBP second in OPS and 1st in Runs scored.

They wasted a Twins pitching staff that was ranked higher than the Rangers this season. Yanks scored 17 runs in 3 games.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think it's going to be a good series. It isn't going to be easy for either team. I just hope our hot bats can continue and hopefully we get some more good pitching. I try not to look to deep into what they did against eachother in the regular season it's a whole different story in october. Wilsons first year as a starter his innings have almost tripled he's a good pitcher I think some Yanks will have trouble with his off speed stuff. He only throws 3 different pitches but he throws all 3 really good.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

did you think of that before or after your spray on tan session ?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

definitely should be a good series. the yanks know how to play in october but the rangers are a damn good team. i just wonder how they handle being in the alcs after winning the franchise's 1st playoff series ever.

1 person likes this.
  14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rep for the tan remark!

15. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

that would be true if I was actually a New Yorker. I mean I acutally have no comeback because Philadelphia, collectively is just a miserable and giant crap hole.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

denial is funny

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Go bet on the games!!!!!

ALCS

18. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

no what's funny is someone like you from podunk Pa. hating on anyone. Talk to me when your a little higher up on the foodchain cupcake.

19. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

CC got snitch slapped by the Rangers, Josh Hamilton and Michael Young in particular. 5-0 btm 5th.

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Nice W by the Yankees. We blew it.