ALDS Rays Vs Rangers: Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by themush, Oct 4, 2010.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Talk about the series here.

First I want to tell Bud Seilg thank you for sticking the Rays with two day games to start the series in Tampa. People snitch and moan about attendance at the Trop, the Rays have the best record in the AL and you fist heck us by giving us 2 day games?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The Rangers have had problems in the past hitting lefties. I think Price and the Rays take Game 1.:icon_frown:

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Why on earth is James Shields pitching the 2nd game? I would be a lot more comfortable with Garza at home. Joe Maddon must consult a physic for his line ups?

4. ragman

When did that change? My morning newspaper has Garza in Game 2.:icon_confused:

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Rays just announced it on the radio.

6. ragman

Yeah. OK. It's on the Rangers Web site, too.

7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Price/Lee will be a good match up. Games 2 & 3 will be interesting

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

you know the answer to this.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Don't know what you are hinting at smeagle but both games are soldout.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

the yankees get the better time slot period. they got it over the phillies who were defending champs.

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I expect this to be a close series. Would rather see the Yankees play the Rangers if they get passed the first round. But I do think the Rays will win this series

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Half of the tickets were given away for free so technically they didn't sell out lol.

The pitching matchups throughout the series are pretty even I think if we could get some good pitching we can win this series.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Ohhhhhhh hellllll naw. This ghost MF'er gonna post up and talk crap after his butt been gone for 2 or 3 months? :icon_cheesygrin:

TIX were paid for and I send you some pics of the scoreboard tomorrow afternoon if you want me to.

Good to see you back Roy!

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

how's it going mush ? :icon_cheesygrin:

15. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

NOT - just the final regular season game - games 1 & 2 were sold out last week, no free tix passed out.

Since I'm a working stiff stuck 2 hours away from the Trop, I wasn't able to go to game 1, and boy was I glad I didn't:icon_sad: Just a total beatdown by Cliff Lee, along with practically 0 run support. If the Rays lose this series Maddon will be questioned extensively over his leaving Willie Aybar and Brad Hawpe off the post-season roster while batting sentimental favorite Rocco Baldelli as a DH in game 1 (WTF?). Pena & Baldelli combined for 5 whiffs......:icon_sad:

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Mother hecker. Just got home, everyone around us couldn't freaking believe that freaking dipcrap manager of ours started Baldelli. He had all of 24 regular season at-bats this year. Carlos Pena needs to die.

Cliff Lee is a freaking horse.

17. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Mushhhhhhh! WTF?

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Ask our brilliant manager.

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm satisfied with the outcome of game 1. Lee did what we were expecting of him when we made the trade with Seattle. Neftali Feliz got himself into a bit of trouble there but was able to get out of it. Looking forward to tomorrows game, I think we'll be okay if we get some more good pitching and I see no reason why we can't.

Pena is brutal to watch, and I was very surprised to see Baldelli in the lineup but whatever.

20. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I honestly didn't expect anything less from Lee but I thought the Rays would have showed up to play today.