Alex Green Ready To Be Part Of Packers' RB Mix

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, May 15, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Green Bay Packers invested in the running back position in a big way in the draft, selecting Alabama’s Eddie Lacy in the second round and UCLA’s Johnathan Frankling in the fourth round.

But Alex Green likes to think he will be a big part of the mix this coming season. Green was shut down late last season with a sore knee and he now tells Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he probably rushed back too soon last summer from a torn ACL suffered midway through his rookie season in 2011.

Green did some good things after starter Cedric Benson was lost to a torn Lisfranc ligament in Week 5, but his knee quickly became an issue and he too was sidelined. Now, Green has his health back and with that comes his optimism.

“Last year, I didn't do anything too good in the running game,â€￾ Green told Dunne. “So, I think it was a great thing for us to get back out there, make a step in the draft and help the team win football games.â€￾

Source: National Football Post

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im pretty confident he wont be

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Nope Franklin will run the show with Lacy on 3rd down.

4. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Not with the emergence of harris last year as well as lacy and franklin.It's going to be the Franklin and Bash show...lol i love it! Hope the nickname sticks

5. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

The only way I see Green possibly being in the mix is if Lacy, Franklin or Harris go down with a injury. Otherwise I hope it's Lacy and Franklin giving the Pack more balance