An Open Letter To Charles Barkley & Co.

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by 86WARD, Jan 29, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yes, I have a “problem,” but it’s not the one all of you seem to think it is.
    By Josh Gordon

Dear Sir Charles, Stephen A., Cris and other interested parties,

Thank you for your recent outpouring of concern about my well being. In what has been a difficult time for my family, friends and fans, you — and those like you — have taken it upon yourselves to express just how much you care about me and my future. For that, I am truly appreciative.

The thing is, though, you don’t even
    know me.

Chuck, you have never so much as shook my hand, let alone exchanged a single word with me. Few of you have, to be honest. Respectfully, your worry over my “problems” with substance abuse and my twisting descent into darkness and, apparently, my impending death, is misplaced — mostly because you have very little idea what you are talking about. None of you do, even those of you who seem curiously obsessed with the goings-on in my life:

Read the Rest of the letter here.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, fine. He's not an addict. He's just a dumbass.

As a condition for reinstatement, he was supposed to not drink a single drop of alcohol. He writes that he took two beers in a flight to Vegas, and four hours later he was busted.

It's not even funny. It's just sad.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

So one of the prerequisites for anyone to make a comment about Gordon is that you had to have met him and shake his hand? This guy is a pathetic addict who's taking the offensive approach to make him feel better about himself. Yes...it is sad. But he's still a substance abuser (and I've never shook his hand).

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Hope this does not end up with a headstone on this kid's grave that says could have been so much but died because of addiction.

DaBears22 likes this.
  5. 86WARD

86WARD -

You don't know him...

DaBears22 and Diesel44 like this.
  6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Real talk tho.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i may not know him,but i know what an addict is and what happens when they ignore their addiction.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh come on, he likes to smoke weed. You dont get addicted to marijuana.

Buck Fenson and Jihad Joe like this.
  9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

that's the weak stuff man!i have never known anybody to die from smoking pot,hell even i still do that.buried at least ten really close friends who could just not put the bottle down when they had one too many.
    loved them all and cry still when those of us left get together and pass along war stories we shared.

Buck Fenson likes this.