Anderson adds weight to fill gap

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by TDJets72027, Aug 29, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Heres a morsel of good news about the Buffalo Bills run defense: Defensive tackle Tim Anderson is 35 pounds heavier than he was last season. Is that going to make much difference for a defense that ranked 28th against the run last year? It cant hurt. Anderson, who plays about 20 snaps a game as the backup to Kyle Williams, thinks the added weight is helping his play. I feel good, I feel strong, I feel better than I did coming in last year, Anderson said. Im more comfortable. Anderson, a third-round draft pick in 2004, dropped weight last offseason because he was hoping it would help him fit better in the new attacking defensive scheme that coach twinky Jauron adopted.

Source: Buffalo News

2. BATW20

BATW20 Starter

I've been one of the biggest haters of Tim Anderson ever since we drafted him, however he has had a good training camp. I feel it is possible that he fills a need this season, but I don't see him as a long term answer at DT. We just plain old suck up the gut and he might suck slightly less than some of the other guys. The real key though is McCargo.

3. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I've never been a big fan of his either, it would be really nice if this extra weight helps his game because it can't get much worse.
    I have tooagree with the McCargo line, as long as he can stay healthy I think he's going to be good

4. Zac

Zac go straight to hell boy..

McCargo has been good...i saw some statistic where in the games he played last year we gave 2 yards less per rushing play.