Anderson Silva Rumored To Fight Chuck Liddell At UFC 95

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Nov 17, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (23-4) could take another break from the 185-pound division and trade leather with former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell (21-6) in a special 205-pound match up in the works for the UFC 95 main event, according to The Sun. UFC 95 was actually just made official today for the O2 Arena in London, England, on February 21. Liddell was supposed to collide with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 85: “Bedlam” earlier this year at the venue but injuries to both fighters forced them off the card, leaving British fans feeling a bit empty after shelling out their hard-earned pounds to see the “Iceman” headline a show.

Source: MMA Mania

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm glad the UFC is gaining popularity world wide, but those fights across the pond really heck it up over here.

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

If this Fight happens it will finish pretty fast

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah, I don't see who can stand up against Silva, and Chuck would be crazy to take him down.

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Chuck change his name from "iceman" to "here for my check?"

With that said, I really hope Silva wins.

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Chuck will always have a "punchers chance" just because of his power and unortholdox style.

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I've not seen his "punchers chance" being effective in 2 years. He's not TKO'd or KO'd anyone since the Tito II fight I believe.

8. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Even Jardine Partially KOed Chuck.

9. dolphindude13

But it's still there is my point.......yeah he's getting older and may have lost his edge but he didn't just magically lose the ability to KO someone.

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

No, but I want some spirit from Chuck. Btw, Silva's in my triumvaret of favorite fighters so I hope I'm not jinxing him.

11. dolphindude13

After I've argued for Chuck having a chance........my prediction is that the Spider will destroy him.:icon_cheesygrin: