Anderson Silva To Take Long Vacation From Fighting

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Mike, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Middleweight champion Anderson Silva said on Monday that he does not intend to return to action until late 2013.

"I'm on vacation from fighting," Silva told Brazil-based web site Tatame. "I (will) just come back at the end of next year."

Silva also said that he will use the time away from fighting to participate in a movie and focus on business matters.

The announcement throws a monkey wrench into UFC's plans for a super-fight between Silva and welterweight titleholder Georges St-Pierre and could potentially put the brakes on any middleweight contender's hopes of fighting for the title any time soon.

ESPN.com

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Kitty.

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Wow...St.Pierre and Silva....that'd be awesome.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you know, i really like silva as a person but i'm beginning to question what i'm going to feel about his legacy........ dude doesn't seem to want to fight anyone anymore. if he takes a year off, he will be almost 39 years old at his next fight, which gives him a built in excuse. he has already said that he won't fight jon jones for some reason and he doesn't seem real interested in fighting st. pierre.

if he would just fight st. pierre and jon jones and if he could beat both of them and then retire, it would be hard for anyone to exceed what he has done in his career but he doesn't seem real interested in leaving that legacy.

5. CaptainStubing

you know, i really like silva as a person but i'm beginning to question what i'm going to feel about his legacy........ dude doesn't seem to want to fight anyone anymore. if he takes a year off, he will be almost 39 years old at his next fight, which gives him a built in excuse. he has already said that he won't fight jon jones for some reason and he doesn't seem real interested in fighting st. pierre.

if he would just fight st. pierre and jon jones and if he could beat both of them and then retire, it would be hard for anyone to exceed what he has done in his career but he doesn't seem real interested in leaving that legacy.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I really like CaptainStubing as a person but I wonder what this habit of double posting will make me feel about his legacy.

7. CaptainStubing

i know, this double posting bullcrap is pissing me off and making me look bad

haha .......... like my legacy here hasn't already been ruined a million times over.:rofl: