Andy Roddick Retiring

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by yisman, Aug 30, 2012.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

[​IMG][​IMG]

and

[​IMG][​IMG]

and about 20 million in career earnings plus another 10 mil in endorsements plus some nice trophies. I'd say at the end of the day it's been a pretty good career.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

When's the last time he won anything that mattered? Like 2002 or something? He's been overrated for years.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He won Brooklyn Decker.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I feel bad for the guy. Everyone calls him overrated but I think he was just overhyped. He came into it after Sampras and Agassi and everyone wanted the next big US thing and he got thrown into that. Then he happened to be in the same generation as the greatest tennis player EVER in Federer. Dude lost to Feds like 6 times in finals. I think he had a pretty good career. 32 tournament wins, a ton of money and hot chicks. I'd say it's a win.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hey if your in the finals 6 times...it's a pretty good career whether you win it or not.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

he had a hell of a carrer in my eyes

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] I agree. Over hyped is a better description.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

9. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

yes overhyped

but he was the best American male tennis player for a long period. 8 years or something?

He's retiring because he's no longer an elite player. The truth he hasn't been one for several years now, but I guess he feels that it's out of his reach. For a year or so he hasn't even been the top American. Isner has surpassed him.

It's been a while since he was even considered a serious threat in the Slams.

Is he unfortunate that his prime happened with Federer and Nadal there? Yes, but he's led a very charmed life overall and earned a lot of money.