Announcers Of Games

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by dad2paisley, Aug 31, 2009.

1. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

I really hate the announcers of the NFL games. NBC, yuk, ESPN, yuk except Gruden, NFL Network, Yuk.
    What do you all think?

2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I'm fine with about anyone but Collinsworth, I'll take Bob Papa over Collinsworth, is that hatred or what!

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

except gruden? he is one of the worst of all of them. most announcers are terrible, they all heck up and say the dumbest crap, they all stroke the cocks of their favorite players and are quick to jump sides when one team does better. I personally would like to punch most of them in the face repeatedly.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This is what I thought when I first read it.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hate on the announcers a lot, but local broadcasts of preseason games make me appreciate the guys on major networks a lot more.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, hugh douglas, herm edwards and the other guy are almost as bad as when they used to let lou tilley loose. Gary Papa dies and Lou Tilley gets to live, that's a travesty right there.

7. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Thats very true. The Buck/Aikman tandem is perhaps the worst in football, Gruden is an butt and I think Collinsworth's shortcomings are covered up by how smooth Al Michaels is - that guys voice is like a Cadillac.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

chucky is annoying as heck, he gets a hardon for every play more than 10 yards.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Joe BUck & Aikman puke.

I think CBS has a few good announcers, same with fox. But guys like Albert, Buck, Aikman, Collinsworth, Gumbel, all contribute to a horrible listening experience. If I had the option to mute out the announcers and just have the audio of the game I think I'd roll with that for 90% of the games.

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Instead of all the hate, can anyone give an example of whom they think does a good job and why?

11. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I actually think Jaws does a pretty good job, he knows what he's talking about, he's not a complete dork, and he's not incredibly obnoxious.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Most of the CBS teams are good.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Jaws is my favorite because he adds more insight as to what is really going on more than others. I know it may sound odd because I'm an Eagles fan, but I like Daryl Johnston quite a bit too.

14. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Big Kevin Harlan fan as far as play by play announcers. Of course Al Michaels is solid as well. Jaws is by far the best color man in the business.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Steve Beuerlein I like.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

THIS! ^^^

17. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

18. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Jaws is great with football knowledge, but he always sounds like he's doing a taped breakdown segment of NFL matchup. Billick surprised me last year. I thought he was pretty good. The fact is, most of the commentating is directed at the average fan who might not know all the rules. So, if you care enough about football to post to a site like this, most of them will sound like idiots sometimes. When a guy like Gruden, who supposedly has a wealth of knowledge to share, just sucks guys off it makes him sound 1000 times worse.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:beersign:

20. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Mute the crap and listen to local radio.