Baseball Offseason Transactions Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Roy31, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Soooo....

We have

Granderson to the Yankees
    Figgins to the Mariners
    Harden to Texas
    Millwood to Baltimore

comments? feel free to post anything trade/fa related in here. Should be a busy offseason.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Roy Halladay to the Phillies heating up again...allegedly for JA Happ and a young outfielder...

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Arizona giving up Scherzer in the Granderson deal is kind of a stunner. Upside of Scherzer is huge. Not bangin' on Edwin Jackson, he's a stud, but Scherzer? Now the question for the D-backs is what's in store for Brandon Webb with the addition of Jackson? That another topic.

4. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Rumor has it the Red Sox are trading Mike Lowell to the Rangers for C Max Ramirez

5. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's a smaller scale, but Scutaro to the Red Sox.

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

scutaro was a free agent

7. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Right, the thread is about both.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The Marlins gave Hermida to the Red Sox for minor league prospects. Now he is your guy's problems.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Andruw Jones and Omar Vizquel to the White Sox.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Scutaro was a pretty solid pickup for the Red Sox, I guess that rules out any sort of deal for Hanley Ramirez. I think the Rangers would be stupid to trade a decent solid hitting prospect llike Ramirez for Lowell especially considering they'd have to take on his stupid 12 mil a year contract.

I can see Halladay being traded this weekend or the during next week.

11. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I heard Hamels name tossed around in there on the Fanatic earlier today.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Why not he likes to quit anyway

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

no way they trade hamels unless they get halladay signed to an extension which is unlikely. just don't see it.

letting haap go makes sense because you need to unload one of your lefties. a rotation of lee, halladay, hamels, blanton and whoever is sick.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

They'd most likely have to get rid of Blanton...I think he's going to cost them $7M?

But l;ike you said...Halladay, Lee, Hamels, whoever...sick.

I hear they are talking to Smoltz' agent as well.

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

i did hear blanton's name but the fact that he is due to make $7mil through arbitration may actually make him less apealling. but unlike with toronto, the phillies can afford it as they drop eaton's money and i think thome's as well ?

the talk was getting a 3rd team invovled but it seems all the baseball guys are stating the same thing, halladay is amaro's obsession.

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Atlanta Signed:
    P Billy Wagner
    P Takashi Saito

Atlanta Arbitration Signed:
    P Rafeal Soriano

Atlanta Trades:
    P Rafeal Soriano To Tampa Bay from Atlanta
    P Jesse Chavez to Atlanta from Tampa Bay

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Why they get rid of Soriano... now all they got in that bullpen is Gonzalez. I guess Saito might be an okay pickup.

19. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I didn't think they'd part with Hamels either.

I think Carpenter or Bastardo in addition to Happ if we are going for Halladay.

20. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Royals sign Jason Kendall to a 2-year contract after they can't get Pudge Rodriguez or Yogi Berra... :icon_frown: god I hope they bring Miguel Olivo back.