BBB's Random FF's Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 1, 2011.

1. I've joined two NFL.com fantasy leagues:

My first one was on auto-pick:

QB
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Jay Cutler

RB
    DeAngelo Williams
    LeSean McCoy
    Roy Helu (Dropping him for Dustin Keller on waiver wire)
    Ryan Mathews
    LaDainian Tomlinson

WR
    Roddy White
    Reggie Wayne
    Dwayne Bowe
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Roy Williams (dropping him for Carson Palmer on waiver wire)

TE
    Owen Daniels

PK
    Neil Rackers

DEF
    Baltimore

The second one will be for prizes......that draft is tomorrow.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Feel free to post your FF teams thoughts as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

you dont need 3 QBs in fantasy i dont see the point of that

3. I'm thinking about making a trade and I could get more back from Orton than I would from LT.

4. I wanted two TE's to protect myself in case of injury. Daniels has been banged up the last couple of seasons. Tim Hightower is going to see the bulk of the carries in Washington and Keller is Sanchez's safety valve.

Bowe is my flex option........

I could always cancel my waiver claim for Orton should I change my mind.

5. After looking it over......I'm set with my starters. I canceled my waiver claim for Orton.

I was thinking of getting a better starting TE option over Daniels and was looking to trade him and Orton for a more elite TE while giving that team a better backup QB.

But I'm more comfortable with my TE's with Keller aboard. And I certainly can't complain about my three starting WR's and my RB's.

I'm still looking to drop Roy Williams though.......he's lost his job back to Johnny Knox and has dropped some balls this preseason.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

RR i saw u were weak at RB so i offered Deangalo williams for santonio holmes one of ure starters isnt even gonna start for the dolphins and denaglao is a pretty good rb

7. My second draft; had the No. 3 overall pick.

QB
    Drew Brees
    Eli Manning

RB
    Arian Foster
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Cedric Benson
    James Starks

WR
    Roddy White
    Miles Austin
    Marques Colston (flex position)
    Mike Williams (TB)
    A.J. Green

TE
    Jimmy Graham
    Dustin Keller

PK
    Josh Brown

DEF
    San Diego

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
  8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You're looking good at receiver, I bet you could use thy strength to upgrade your RB2. Otherwise a goo team.

9. DeAngelo Williams was taken one spot before my Bradshaw pick.......

I am deep at receiver so if the opportunity presents it's self.......I'll certainly look into it. Bradshaw's a good No. 2 but he just needs to dial down the fumbles.

10. I am mulling whether to drop James Starks in favor of Kendall Hunter......while Starks is looking like the better back in practice.....GB is still starting Ryan Grant in the preseason and are trying to mold Starks into a third-down back.

Jim Harbaugh named Hunter the No. 2 for the 49ers and with Gore's injury woes.....it's only a matter of when Kendall will crack the starting lineup. He's looked good lately in preseason......

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Other TE's if they arent already taken are Lance Kendricks and Jared Cook, not saying they are better then Keller but i think they'll have a chance to be more involved then Keller

12. Kendricks was already taken but Cook was someone I planned to keep an eye on waivers in case of injury or matchup........

Keller is a good No. 2 TE and Jimmy Graham should have a monster sophomore season in New Orleans. If Graham was gone.......I would have looked into either Kendricks or Cook because there both considered the No. 2 receiving options in their respective offenses. I'm not real worried about it since Keller isn't my No. 1.

But Drew Brees is one of the few elite QB's in the game. He'll get Graham the ball.......

13. CBS Sports FF League:

QB
    Peyton Manning
    Joe Flacco

RB
    Ray Rice
    Mark Ingram
    Mike Tolbert
    C.J. Spiller

WR
    Andre Johnson
    Marques Colston
    Mike Thomas
    Johnny Knox

TE
    Vernon Davis
    Brent Celek

PK
    Nate Kaeding

DEF
    Ravens

14. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea i feel you, I have Graham too, i think he's gonna have a monster year, Kendricks is my #2

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

12 teamer.

QB - Big Ben
    QB - Carson Palmer

RB - Matt Forte
    RB - Ray Rice
    RB - Mike Tolbert
    RB - Ronnie Brown

WR - Brandon Marshall
    WR - Mike Williams (TB)
    WR - Pierre Garcon
    WR - Ochohecko
    WR - MSW
    WR - Danny Amendola

TE Jimmy Graham

K - Josh Brown

DEF Giants

Only question I'll bore you with. Ryan Fitzpatric is on the wire. Grab him or stick with Palmer?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Solid team. I'd go with Fitzpatrick for now. I really can't see anything happening with Palmer...

17. You can drop Carson for Fitz but keep an eye on Palmer in the future..........

18. I always like to draft two TE's........they were flying off the boards in my leagues. Plus.....my second TE would've been a better option than a waiver pickup.

I was thinking about waiting one more round for a TE in my CBS FF league at the time I drafted Davis for a better RB and go with Graham later on......but TE's were starting to fly off the boards and as it turned out.......Graham was taken one spot before my next pick.

Had I waited......the elite ones would have all been gone.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011

19. I got Manning in the fourth......neck issues or not......it would've been foolish to pass on him. But I'm glad I got Flacco too.

20. Not messing around.....claimed Kerry Collins and dropped C.J. Spiller.

Now reports are saying that Manning could miss four to five games......or possibly longer. With whats left at the QB position on the waiver wire and who I dropped to get him......not a huge gamble. But one with the biggest upside considering the weapons around Kerry.