Bears - Change Cutler Or Not?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by groenator, Apr 9, 2012.

1. groenator

groenator Rookie

I am just curios if lets say bears will change Cutler as a QB this year, what affect will have?

Or what are the weakest points in bears at the moment?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Definitely not change the QB, just give Cutler some targets and an Oline that can protect him and he's good to go. As a 49er fan I wanted him but as you know we didn't get him, I don't even think the 49ers went after him... <sigh>

3. groenator

groenator Rookie

I c, glad to hear that... I was a bit confused and saw cutler statistics last year which they weren't so great... but i am assuming that is not because of him... sometimes the team needs to progress too.. and looks like bears has some holes in their offensive line...

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well stats don't always give you the whole picture and the QB isn't always at fault for the crapty stats, but Cutler also didn't always throw the best passes and held onto the ball too long sometimes.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Well, the one benefit of not having Martz around anymore is no more seven step drop. I hated that play and i'm sure Cutler did too.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLDxYma7Vw]What Cutler Really Thinks of Mike Martz! - YouTube[/ame]

7. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I thought Jay played his guts out last season. Heck even some of the media types that had been busting his balls started to break down and give him some credit. For being a guy who has had to spend his career in Chicago playing behind a crappy butt OL held together by bubble gum and duct tape and not having a true #1 WR threat to throw to...Matt Forte's ability as a weapon has been the one saving grace. And yes, Martz did Jay no favors with the 7 step drops, not allowing audibles and occasionally forgetting about the running game. I have full trust in Jay as the QB of this team. Hell, I'd like to see him call his own plays and see how that works.

8. groenator

groenator Rookie

Lets hope bears will fill all their empthy holes in Bears offense line this year and with that they might have a great season.

I am currently whatching the 2011 season - to be honest Cutler is not playing so well as it should be. Anyway it is notup to me to jude him. I am just hoping 2012 season will be great for Bears.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Agreed... Cutler's numbers won't show it but last year was his best year as a Bear. Had he not broke his thumb, the Bears would have been 11-5 or 12-4 and not 8-8. I look foward to what 2012 brings.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Brandon Marshall's behavior can emulate what Moss did when he got to New England, could be a damned good year for Cutler.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yea, we all, including Cutler, hated them but that wasn't a Martz issue but a Halas Hall issue.

The 7 step was to allow routes to develop. Without WRs who could get off the LOS consistently & sell routes, Martz was forced between a rock & a hard place...weak OL protection vs weak WRs.

The only hope was to hope for some play action opportunities & hope for Cutler to find room in the pocket till something emerged.

I'm thinking the Cutler/Marshall chemistry will go a long way in helping keep Marshall walking the straight & narrow.

12. markaz

I agree.

13. markaz

I agree.