Bears' Defense Delivers In Much-Needed 28-13 Win Over Cardinals

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Dec 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

In desperate need of a victory, the Chicago Bears got a huge effort from their defensive unit, which made plays against an inept Arizona Cardinals offense to keep the team's postseason hopes alive.

Zack Bowman recovered a fumble in the end zone and Charles Tillman recorded his third interception return for a touchdown this season, as the Bears dominated the Cardinals, 28-13, to halt a three-game skid.

After a slow start, Jay Cutler finished with 146 yards passing for Chicago and tossed a touchdown to Brandon Marshall, who caught six passes for 68 yards on the day while Matt Forte rushed for 88 yards and a score on 12 carries, but left the contest in the third quarter with an ankle injury and did not return.

Ryan Lindley completed 17-of-30 passes for 141 yards and an interception before giving way to backup Brian Hoyer, who didn't fair much better in throwing for 105 yards and an interception on 11-of-19 efficiency. Arizona scored its only touchdown on a blocked field goal return by Justin Bethel late in the fourth quarter.

Source: Sports Network

2. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000115909/Bears-vs-Cardinals-highlights]Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

3. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000115932/Bears-postgame-press-conference]Bears postgame press conference - NFL Videos[/ame]

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

One trick pony of a team...

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it may be too late. they need some help from their bitter rivals now.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

They'd be better off not getting in. Maybe then Lovie would finally be fired.

7. Tarkus

That's the plan...

He's done nothing but make the Bears a decent regular season team at best. Angelo's gone, Smith has to be on the next train out.

8. SRW

Might be time to clean house in Chi-town after next week. They can build around Cutler, Marshall and Forte but that defense is long in the tooth and will need some rebuilding. That brutal o-line needs some major help too.

9. Tarkus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5tfRdkoY0]Do you see the light.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

Amen, Brother Steve...

10. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

As much as I want them to win on Sunday they probably won't. I hate saying that but I'm being realistic.

11. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

Yeah it''s gonna be hard playing the Lions in Detroit...even if we did get into the play offs,I think we are gonna be knocked out in the first round..7-1 seems like a life time ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD