Bears Fan Falls To His Death At Soldier Field

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Nov 28, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A man in his 20s died this afternoon after he fell out of Soldier Field and landed on a roof-top on the west side of the stadium during the game between the Bears and the Eagles, officials said. Chicago Fire Department Chief Joe Roccasalva said the man fell about 20 feet and landed on a small rooftop on the west side of the stadium near Lake Shore Drive. He was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was later pronounced dead at about 5:24 p.m., officials said. Witnesses told emergency personnel that they saw the man run up to a ledge and jump. Chicago police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said that police are conducting a death investigation and he said the man may have fallen from as high as 50 feet.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Very sad, R.I.P.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Damn, that's the way he wanted to go?

5. SRW

I updated the story....interesting tidbit is that he apparently was seen running up to a ledge and jumping. If this guy had an ounce of beer in him....this could be the impetus to remove beer from stadium concession stands.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Sad story but I can't see NFL stadiums getting rid of one of their biggest money makers. Beer sales are cut off 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Maybe cut off beer sales earlier say mid way through the 2nd quarter?

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Run up to the ledge and jumped :icon_frown:

8. SRW

Oh believe me, stadiums will fight tooth and nail to keep beer sales. The advocate groups who have already been making a big stink about excessive drinking at games would have some pretty good ammo to get their message across if he was drunk.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Sad man sad indeed

10. DaBearsrule4ever

All you can do is just shake your head and ask this question about suicide. WHY?

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Beer inside the stadium, at $8 a pop heck that... I'm crapfaced during the tailgate. So was this guy apparently.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

It could have been a fan that got drunk while tailgating before the game for all we know.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Yup...I'm going to the Bears/Patriots game December 12th and I don't plan on buying a beer inside the stadium.

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'd say it does more for pushing for the curtailing/elimination of the tailgate crowd than the in house beer sales.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

exactly and people that have to always get "crapfaced" in order to have a good time at a football game are the ones who will ruin it for others.

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[buzzkill]What is the point of going to an NFL Game...so you can get crapfaced and forget what happened in the game?[/buzzkill]

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

seems like these stadium deaths are becoming more and more common in baseball and football. other than putting up glass barriers or netting and obstructing views of the game, i don't know what else could be done.