Bears K Robbie Gould Downplays Spat With KR Devin Hester

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould and return man Devin Hester engaged in a verbal spat with 5:12 left in the second quarter of the Bears' 27-21 victory on "Thursday Night Football."

Gould said the incident was just a quarrel among brothers in the heat of battle.

"I love Devin like a little brother," Gould said, per ESPNChicago.com. "It was just (that) my emotions got in the way. I was at fault. I was the wrong party in that. I love him like a brother. Once it was over, it was over. ... We both want to win. I don't want to put my teammates in a situation where I hit a [bad] kickoff like I did. There are no hard feelings. It's like a fight with your little brother."

Source: NFL.com

Sweets's Take: I saw both of them yelling but I still have NO idea what actually happened.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Hester's just like Marshall was (before last night), snitchy cuz things weren't going their way.

Gould could have buried that kick but even tho he didn't, the STs coverage was crap...like it's been a lot of the times this year.

This should be over tho Robbie calling Devin "like a little brother" may just be the gasoline to keep the home fires burning. :icon_smile:

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, this is over with and they don't need to give the media any drama to write about.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

So it's okay for Gould to call Hester a "brother" and there's no outrage?!?

Players, coaches, managers yell at each tiger all the time...it's about time the media get over this sort if thing...seriously...another writer trying to make a story out of nothing.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i call bullcrap. i've never seen one of them yell at a tiger

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol. Damn autocorrect got me again. I like that one tho.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Chicago is one of the 3 biggest media markets in this country. Of course the media is going to try and turn nothing into something. What Hester & Gould where barking at eachother about, god only knows.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Lover's quarrel.