Bears to Explore "Never Seen Before Trade" To Unload QB Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 86WARD, Dec 20, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]
    Adam Schefter

Several NFL executives believe that it’s possible for Bears QB Jay Cutler to go from being benched to becoming a first-scenario, test-case trade. Never before has a team trading a player also had to give up drat-pick compensation to get rid of him. But some NFL executives believe that with any team having to absorb $25.5 million worth of guarantees in Cutler’s contract, the Bears might have to package a decent draft pick to get another team to take him. NFL rules dictate that nominal compensation must be exchanged between teams, but it could mean another team surrendering a late-round pick to Chicago for Cutler and a better pick. Such a scenario could enrage Bears fans, but to get a team to take on so much guaranteed money that could be used on valuable free agents and contract extensions, the Bears just might have to compensate a team with more than Cutler to do it.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they'd have to find somebody really desperate to take a cap hit like that!

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So basically they're just going to bribe someone to take him off their hands?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sounds like that to me...

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

A late round pick + Cutler's contract? You'd still have to be real desperate. "Pack your bags, Geno. I've got faith in your owner's stupidity."

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

What about Buffalo?

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I said NY because they are very likely to have desperation guide decisions and we know what their QB situation has been. Absolutely no stability. If you want to talk about a team(s) that are a QB away from probably being contenders then you're right.... Buffalo. I'd throw St. Louis into the conversation as well.

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Its over for Cutler in Chicago. Might as well be for Trestman too. Cutler has never been one of my favorite players but it is not all on him. He got sacked what 7 times last game? That is pathetic. Trestman has failed as a coach of the bears but to the organization it is easier to find a new qb to fit the system than it is to find a new coach with a new system and hoping Cutler fits in it. Freaking Clausen starting for the Bears? Not enough budweiser for that. Unless of course they win. lol

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Buffalo could be a good deal. Cutler and a 4th for Manuel

10. Jihad Joe

Marrone is stuck between a rock and a hard place at QB. Orton isnt the awnser, and they dont have the draft assets to get a starter. 4 options i think they have are 1) Cutler. If you take that contract you get a starter an an draft pick. Takes the sting off the Watkins trade a bit 2)Take a flier on Bradford if he is cut loose. 3) See of you can get Austin Davis for a mid round pick. 4) Give Manuel another shot

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

for all you bear fans,i hope they don't go after mike shannahan. he has'nt done shirt without elway.

12. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Anyone that has a solid o-line would do well.. Cutler needs time, more time than necessary when compared to the elite Qb but he has all the other qualities you'd look for.

13. Jihad Joe

Reich looks to be the guy in Buffalo, and IMO Cutler is a natural fit after working with Rivers

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i still think cutler is better than alex smith

Steve12 likes this.
  15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Careful. You'll set Wally off.:-)

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Smith>Kaep>Cutler

::runs::