Bengals Trade QB Carson Palmer To Raiders For First, Second Round Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Oakland and Cincinnati completed one of the NFL's biggest trade-deadline deals in decades, with the Raiders acquiring holdout quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals. The Bengals announced they had dealt Palmer for Oakland's first-round pick in 2012 and a second-round pick in 2013 but according to a source, the second-round choice is conditional. If the Raiders win a playoff game in the 2011 season, the source said, the 2013 pick would become a first rounder. Palmer has been working out in Southern California with former Jets quarterback Ken O'Brien. Palmer also has a strong relationship with Raiders head coach Hue Jackson, with the two men having worked together in Cincinnati from 2004-2006, when Jackson was the Bengals' receivers coach.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  2. Didn't expect a Palmer trade to go down now but this is a damn good move for both sides...........

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Is he worth a first rounder? I guess if you're desperate, he is.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm happy for Palmer. I hope it works out for Carson and I hope the Bengals draft a bust.

5. Article updated...........

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

For a FIRST? You have got to be kidding me. I would have rather rolled with Boller the rest of the way than give up a first for a washed up Palmer.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

ESPN reporting TWO firsts, my freaking god.

8. Article updated..............

Two First Rounders? Now that is extreme............

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

2 First Round Picks?!? Good for Mike Brown! Above and beyond anything I thought they could get for him. I was thinking a 3 at best...lol.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqNdMMSAbE]Movie - YouTube[/ame]

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

2 1sts? u have to be freaking kidding.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Even if Palmer doesn't hit the condotions to make it a first, it will at least be a second in 2013...CRAZY!

13. Vince Young was the their fallback plan.................

14. Crowned

That will be 4 1st round picks for the Bengals in the next 2 years, and they are already set at QB and #1 WR....

15. Is it safe to say................the Bengals are back?

16. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bs4-LtLlc0]You, Yes You, Did Something Stupid - YouTube[/ame]

17. Crowned

I don't know, but it is safe to say Al Davis wasn't the only moron in the Raiders front office.

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Holy crap 2 first rounders. That's a pretty bad trade for the Raiders, and Al Davis isn't even behind it. 

Unless Palmer wins them a Super Bowl this is terrible.

19. John Madden? Ken Herock?

20. For once...........Mike Brown did the right thing and traded a player that wanted no part of an organization for a kings ransom. He turned down a similar deal for Chad Ochocinco of two firsts by the Redskins in 2008.