Bill Polian Says Colts Goal Is Getting Healthy, Not 16-0

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Dec 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Colts clinched home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs when they improved to 13-0 with a win against the Broncos on Sunday. So will the Colts continue to build momentum and push for an undefeated season? Don't hold your breath. "Health is the key consideration," Colts president Bill Polian said on NBC Sunday night as he said the Colts will rest key players. "That's our No. 1 priority. Be healthy in January when the money is on the line. Everything else pales by comparison."

Source:
    USA Today

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

That's a tougher decision than it looks. If you start pulling starters off the field to keep them healthy, you lose the opportunity to make your team better, while other teams are working on putting the beir best product on the field for a Playoff run. San Diego comes to mind as one of those teams that is doing that. I don't feel right now the Colts are that dominate to rest on their record.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If it was me, I would play the guys who are 90% or so and rest others to get them up that much for the playoffs.

4. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

I agree, the reason we have struggled the past couple of weeks is in direct relation to our injured players

5. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

If they aren't healthy them get them off the field, but try to get them back before the Playoffs to stay sharp.