Bills Could Release QB Ryan Fitzpatrick To Save Millions

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by SRW, Dec 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN’s James Walker writes that the Buffalo Bills could get out from under QB Ryan Fitzpatrick‘s a $59 million and cut $4.45 million off of their cap next season, as well as an addition $7.45 million in actual cash.

Walker adds that Fitzpatrick has $3 million roster bonus that will be due at the beginning of March. If he’s still on their roster by then, his cap number becomes $10.45 million for the 2013 season.

You can see why it would make sense for the Bills to cut him lose and look elsewhere for a long-term replacement. Bills GM Buddy Nix has publicly stated numerous times that they will be looking to draft a quarterback in next year’s draft, but rumors have also been circulating that Michael Vick could also be an potential option if the Eagles do in fact cut him loose.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he'll end up making a comfortable living as a back up!

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Vick.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take him as a back up.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, fitz is set for life. $24 mill of his contract was guaranteed and i think he's already been paid $17 mill of it.

and i have a feeling he's not an idiot with his money like many athletes ............. just guessing though

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Even the smartest players do stupid crap with their money,just ask mark brunnell!

7. CaptainStubing

ha. who ever claimed brunell was smart? he's a dumbbutt. he's kind of like brett favre in the intelligence department.

fitz is actually intelligent. he won't piss his money away.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he did'nt stay in the nfl 20 years by being a dumbass,regardless of what you think of the man!

9. CaptainStubing

football smarts don't equate to financial smarts. brett favre was in the league for 20 years also and he is an idiot.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Fitzpatrick's Harvard education automatically puts him leaps and bounds ahead of Brett Favre in the intelligence department. I think he'll be fine with his money.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

DAMN IT! That means the bills might evolve.

12. CaptainStubing

eh, i wouldn't worry about it ....... they'll do something stupid like bringing Vick in ........ they ARE the bills after all

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Since when did Favre have financial problems?

14. CaptainStubing

we were just talking about how many 'regular joes' in the league don't know how to handle their money and Fitz is not a 'regular joe' so he has a better chance of being smart with his money. dude is very smart for a football player.......... like mensa smart.

favre isn't real bright so it really wouldn't surprise me in 20 years if we find out favre is bankrupt. he's really not very bright.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Favre's a total meathead.