Bills Intends To Put A Waiver Claim On Shawne Merriman

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 3, 2010.

1. While Shawne Merriman waits to hear which team he will be playing for next, it may end up being the most undesirable of spots. Several sources have told FOXSports.com that the winless Buffalo Bills are all but set to put in a waiver claim for the three-time Pro Bowl selection. Buffalo has told several people it intends to make this move and one source said only a last-minute change of heart would scuttle the deal. Bills general manager Buddy Nix was instrumental in drafting Merriman when Nix was still with the San Diego Chargers, who placed Merriman on waivers earlier this week.

Source: FOX Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  2. Called it....

Buddy Nix scouted Merriman before the '05 draft and figures he can make the lights go back on for Mr. "Lights Out". That still remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea, nice call.

4. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Good move. It's not like they have anything to lose.

5. He would at least get a chance to start in Buffalo....only positive thing I can truly say about the move for his sake.

6. Jay Glazer: Twitter.com

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Rumors down here the Bucs put a claim in for him but the Bills beat them out of it.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

If Merriman is smart, he sits out this year, rehabs until he's a full 100% and comes at it in the off season. He'd get a lot more looks then than he did at this point.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

why?

i don't understand this move at all .................. it's not like the bills are going anywhere this year and the bills are trying to rebuild their defense with youth.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

dude merriman is only 26 and aaron maybin is probably the worst player picked in the first 3 rounds last year and he was taken what? 9th? hes so terrible its pathetic

11. CaptainStubing

merriman may only be 26 on paper but his body is about 36 ................. dude is not long for this league.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah It makes sense he could be a long term answer who knows. Maybin so crapty, probably be released and he'll go back to end and play in some other system somewhere else. Merriman is still young and was good before. Who knows, if he plays good down the stretch they could have a very nice LB core for next season.

13. CaptainStubing

what i said was too harsh about merriman. you guys may be right. he may be able to come back strong if he stays healthy. i shouldn't throw him in the dumpster quite yet.

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

the thing with merriman is he was on top of the world on roids that he could just bull rush literally anyone with ease....he never really developed any pass rushing moves. now since hes been clean his body (especially knees) havent held up too well....but i still think he could make a servicable career as a 43 SAM or 34 OLB still.

hes fell a long way since people were claiming hed clearly be a candidate to break the all time sack record with ease

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

bad move to report...